HoliWood Nights 2018: Coastershack

On the topic of waterparks 'n such, how much are lockers at the park? I'll likely be going to Splashin' Safari (for the first time, might I add) Friday after a ride on Legend and I'd like to store my stuff in a locker if possible.

52 minutes ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

What is the policy in Splashin Safari regarding flip flops and water shoes on rides? We are trying to avoid being barefoot while walking through the water park if possible. We would prefer to wear flops because we don’t have any water shoes, but if we need to get some we can.

It has been a few years, but I feel like I remember being able to wear flip flops and stash them in the station for mammoth/wildebeest.

You can wear water shoes on all rides; there are no (adult) body slides at Splashin' Safari.

There are cubby stations at Mammoth/Wildebeest you can stash them in if you prefer not to wear them while riding. Some flip flops are slippery when wet.

39 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

On the topic of waterparks 'n such, how much are lockers at the park? I'll likely be going to Splashin' Safari (for the first time, might I add) Friday after a ride on Legend and I'd like to store my stuff in a locker if possible.

They have a wristband locker system in the waterpark. Up to four wristbands are provided for each locker, so it's easy (and relatively inexpensive) to share a large locker amongst a group.

• Like 2

Yes, you can wear a shirt on the slides. T-shirts don't provide very much sun protection when wet, so you'll want to wear a SPF shirt and/or wear sunscreen under the shirt.

For what it's worth, I've seen people ride Mammoth in street clothes, socks and sneakers. I would not recommend this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, malem said:

For what it's worth, I've seen people ride Mammoth in street clothes, socks and sneakers. I would not recommend this.

I once did this on Wildebeest. It was a blazing hot Saturday afternoon at HoliWood Nights (2011, I believe) and I had just gotten off of the log flume, so I was already wet. I wandered into the waterpark and ended up in the single rider line for Wildebeest. My clothes were completely drenched after that ride and despite the intense sun, were still damp when I got back to my hotel at 1:30 AM ET*.

(That was also a "fun" trip, with the park on Central Time and my hotel in Jasper on Eastern Time. Had to constantly convert from one to the other in my head when figuring out what time I needed to leave or when I would get back. I swore to never do that again.)

• Like 1

This was such a fun event. I think it’s the best coaster event of the season. Holiday World knocks it out of the park for this event. I love how they kept the park open an extra 30 minuets  for us because lightning took away some of our time. I don’t have enough good things to say about the park, staff,  & the food. It’s amazing literally having the park to yourself, well 300-400 other coaster enthusiasts. Best Event Ever!!!

• Like 5

Amazing event. My wife and I were blown away by the quality of the experiences, food, and rides! The staff was so fun and kind working with us, and the fact that they extended ERT on Saturday because of the delay impressed us. I couldn't see a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park doing that.

This was our first visit since 2014, so Thunderbird was a new coaster for us. We were both very impressed and put it in our top 10 overall! 

Overall, Holiday World impressed (as they always do) and likely gained a pair of loyal Holiwood Nights attendees. 

• Like 3