Get rid of one coaster- The Poll

SonofBaconator

Get rid of one coaster  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on quite a few decent Vekoma and Arrow rides, so I can't complain, the Vekoma credits I have are not terrible rides, Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure is a ride where I got zero headbang on, and it was relatively smooth, I'm not sure about the others since I have only been on one SLC (T3 was closed), then Carolina Cobra or whatever they are calling it today was pretty smooth, then KI's Vekoma rides are not terrible other than sometimes depending on how it happens to be running, Invertigo (EDIT: forgot the Vekoma hang n bangs, plus Nighthawk! those things can burn). Same goes for Arrow, Magnum ranks in my top 10, Tenessee Tornado and Vortex (KI) are very fun rides! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

When I was at Carowinds 2 summers ago Carolina Cobra and Carolina Cyclone were some of the most rough coasters I have ever been on haha. It may come with me getting older if 32 is old.

Just imagine riding Carolina Cobra with the original Vekoma style trains!  When the ride was relocated from Geauga Lake, it received a new train.

Yes, some of KI`s coasters are dated.  But I still enjoy them.  I wouldn`t want any of them removed simply because they are "dated." Back in the day, the Arrow coasters were all the rage, because there was no B&M or Intamin creations around.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe back in the day, Arrow's seemed smooth? There were not B&M's to compare to at the time.

On another note, I still think Arrow loopers are so photogenic, with really cool looking trains.  

I agree B&M have spoiled us, I don't think that our Arrow's are that bad honestly. I do enjoy the Arrow suspended coasters Top Gun/Flight Deck/The Bat is a great ride and really underrated IMO.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Who voted for Surf Dog? I will fight you!

I also voted Backlot Stunt Coaster though. It's capacity is horrid for how short of a ride it is. The only real enjoyable part is just after the helicopter. From what I hear rollbacks are more common then they should.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoan said:

From what I hear rollbacks are more common then they should.

Well, ideally there would be 0 rollbacks. I knew the BLSC supervisor and asked about rollbacks, and she said that only 3-4 of them happen per season. I think that's pretty good considering how many times they launch those trains in a season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've talked about this on another thread but I thought it would be relevant to BLSC. Instead of removing it, why not retheme it? I'm talking about a whole new ride experience that would be unique to the park and the area. 

Mustang

Pony-Express-at-Knotts-650x649.jpg

https://www.sandytoesandpopsicles.com/orange-county/knotts-berry-farm-season-pass/attachment/pony-express-at-knotts/

Since the theme of BLSC still reeks of Paramount, it would be a good idea to give it an original theme. Strip away the police cars, highway signs, helicopter, etc, and then give it a western theme. Repaint the track a nice orange and maybe paint the supports light brown. Get rid of the current trains and replace them with horses similar to what's on Pony Express at Knott's. Sure the ride layout wouldn't change but it would be a completely new experience for guests and a good way to strip away what's left of Paramount. This could also separate it from the other BLSC clones. This would be a good project for when the park has an off year.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've talked about this on another thread but I thought it would be relevant to BLSC. Instead of removing it, why not retheme it? I'm talking about a whole new ride experience that would be unique to the park and the area. 

Mustang

Pony-Express-at-Knotts-650x649.jpg

https://www.sandytoesandpopsicles.com/orange-county/knotts-berry-farm-season-pass/attachment/pony-express-at-knotts/

Since the theme of BLSC still reeks of Paramount, it would be a good idea to give it an original theme. Strip away the police cars, highway signs, helicopter, etc, and then give it a western theme. Repaint the track a nice orange and maybe paint the supports light brown. Get rid of the current trains and replace them with horses similar to what's on Pony Express at Knott's. Sure the ride layout wouldn't change but it would be a completely new experience for guests and a good way to strip away what's left of Paramount. This could also separate it from the other BLSC clones. This would be a good project for when the park has an off year.

I agree a retheme would probably be the best option but I think it could stay with the same trains. Give it more of a theme like the antiques had. Repaint the trains to taxis or something, it could possibly have a bit of a cartoon theme to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I know this was part of the rules of the poll by Bacon, but I feel bad for BLSC. It can not help where Paramount placed him or what it replaced. He is getting a bad wrap for things out if his control.

Send it to Carowinds so they can finally get their launched coaster;)

• Like 3

So, I don't know that I've voted in the poll, but I'd like to chime in..

Up until recently, I would have said Backlot Stunt Coaster, but I've really come to appreciate that coaster this season. Heck, I rode it last night knowing I had only 2 hours to enjoy the park (as I came straight from work)! However, give it a retheme and you'd strike gold! I recommend the name Rivertown Rambler or Rivertown Rumbler and make it nature/outdoorsy themed with Jeeps or ATVs instead of "Mini Coopers". Like, instead of diving into subway station, you could dive under a waterfall or skim the water; for the police car scene you could be dodging trees, stuff like that... Also, it works as area-Rivertown music reaches Backlot's area. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I voted Vortex for the simple reason because my friends don't like it. I could ride it by myself no problem, but even my sister thinks it's too rough and she used to ride it with me when we we're growing up. I guess things have changed over the years. If they we're to ever get rid of Vortex, I would vote for a B&M Floorless roller coaster and make the layout almost similiar to Dominator at Kings Dominion. Maybe it could even follow the same footprint of Vortex if it's not too rough.

• Sad 1

I may shed a tear if Vortex is ever scrapped. I don't ride it anymore but that was my very first ever looping coaster / going upside down coaster when I was little. I am hoping to get my niece on it before they do.

My vote will never change. Invertigo.  I may start chanting  - Hell. No. Inveritgo has got to go!

4 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Speaking of Vortex, I rode in 1-2 this morning and got a painful ride with little airtime of the drop. Note to self: always ride in the back!

5-1 or further, preferably 7-1 or keep walking.  Sorry BFF! Still one of my favorite drops in the park.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Vortex. The park seems to be letting it suffer its own demise with diminishing foot traffic. I know there are many of you out there that think theres diminished foot traffic at others(Firehawk, BLSC, even The Racer) But to increase foot traffic, it would only take replacing the headrests with something a little less brick like. It IS a great ride...its just too painful TO ride and I think we're nearing the end of it. 

I voted Invertigo. If you removed any other coaster, you would leave a real gap in the lineup, but everything that Invertigo does is done just as well as other coasters in the park. If you remove Invertigo, you still have a world class invert with Banshee and a solid looper with Vortex. Its not that I dislike Invertigo (ok, I will admit, its not my favorite ride in the park), but it adds the least to the overall lineup.

For all those who seem to hate votex, it still fills much needed roles in the park (Adult steel sit down coaster, classic looper, very good looking coaster with great spectator viewing). If Vortex goes away, that role could be filled with a B&M floorless to replace it, but knowing the typical Cedar Fair capital investment schedule, putting in a floorless would mean no giga for 5+ more years. Putting in a Giga to replace Vortex would leave a bit gap in the lineup, so if Vortex goes, a looper of some sort (my vote would be for the floorless) would be the priority.  For those who want to see Vortex go, do you really hate it that much that you would rather replace it with a modern looper than get a Giga?

• Like 2