Dollywood 2017 Fall Trip

flightoffear1996

Last Friday I surprised my family and got everyone 2018 Dollywood passes as we are in the Pigeon Forge area a lot.  I hurried home after work and tossed some clothes in the bag and headed to Pigeon Forge. We arrived to a cabin that our friends had rented for the week around 12:30AM and we slept on the pull out bed.  The next morning we had a nice breakfast with everyone and headed to Dollywood.  I think we got to the park shortly after open.  After wondering around the main entrance area for a few minutes trying to find season pass processing we found an employee who told us it was inside the park.  I thought that was strange.  We wondered over to the season pass processing center where we got a pictures and passes in about 5 minutes. 

The first ride up was the old cars.  I love these and KI really needs a set.  We waited 15 minutes for these and were an instant hit with my son.

IMG_1959_zpsz7nqq9cx.jpg

We start to walk away from the area to get my son something to eat when I heard a group of guest talking about Lighting Rod was open. Well the coasterboy in me just had to ride!  I waited about 40 minutes to get on and got a front seat ride.  This ride is awesome and the airtime is top notch not to mention how well it fits into the terrain.

Next we headed over to the train.  The train that Dollywood has is truly something special.  It only runs once an hour though.  Our son didn't like how loud the whistle on it was but I thought it was pretty awesome.

IMG_1969_zpsigikfozm.jpg

AFter the train we watched the magic show which was really fun even though it seemed like it a pitch to sell things from the magic store.

It was almost ready for an early dinner we we tried the buffet.  It was pretty good food and top notch for a themepark.  After dinner we let the little guy ride some of the kiddie rides and I stunk a ride in on Thunderhead which gave me a thunder of a headache.  

It was already closing time and time to head back home.  We are super glad to be able to make it Dollywood for the Christmas event and the weather held off for us.  Can't wait for the next trip.

IMG_1990_zpsxkxllfhw.jpg

IMG_1987_zpsol1c2bfo.jpg

IMG_1988_zpsu0hrftt4.jpg

IMG_1999_zpsiafkvwr8.jpg

On a sidenote: It is awesome Dollywood employees let you reride a ride if there isn't a line.  We did this several times on some of the smaller rides!

• Like 4

We saw the magic show and that was it.  Time flew by so fast at the park.  I forget the name of the one we went to but it had fried chicken which was amazing and all the veggie fixings along with a taco bar.  I didn't know the park had other buffets.  We are planning to make another trip in the spring, summer and around Halloween time next year.  

The amount of land clearing they are doing right now is crazy.  It looks like they are doing more than just a ride to me.  Maybe an entire new area.

• Like 2