Winterfest Then till Now - Opening Night Info

14 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

I still don't know how @malem does it. I was wearing a jacket, and a couple hours into the night, I stole his jacket and wore it as an extra layer over my own jacket until right before we went out on the ice because I was so cold. :P

I remember the first time meeting him and some of the others at the meetup on closing day and I was shocked to see someone in shorts and a short sleeve shirt, while my wife and I buy coveralls and furry hats to keep us warm that day lol. He's having fun that's all that matters! :D

• Like 1

I'm thoroughly enjoying WinterFest. I didn't go to the one in 2005 and am barely old enough to remember the original (I remember the tower lights, that it was really cold, and that there was an ice show in Festhaus, but that's about it), so this is mostly a new experience for me. The park did an amazing job with decorating, and I'm even more impressed with the sign changes - not just a cheap plastic sign taped over an existing sign, but full size custom signs that look like they've been there all along.

I'm planning on returning next weekend after work to catch more shows and see what else I haven't seen yet.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm going to change the subject of this forum and discuss validated information, I'm tired of reading about Gigas and kid myths,... I know that Kings Island has a new Director of Communications, Chad Showalter. He is filling in for the former position held by Kings Island's area manager, Don Helbig. Helbig is still area manager from what I've come to understand, he's also still doing digital marketing via Kings Island's social media accounts, that hasn't changed. Here's an interview in the form of a video between KIC and Chad Showalter during the seasonal Winterfest, holiday event. Chad has great competence and expertise to communicate effectively, Helbig's way of communication seemed dry to me. I think that Chad is more of a natural and a more effective communicator and most of all, more pleasing to look at which is a plus. 

I'm just expressing my opinion.

Here's the videolink. Enjoy!

-The Queen of Chess. 

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC!

A lot of us really like Don Helbig. I will miss him being the primary "face of Kings Island" and it has been nice to have a popular Coaster Enthusiast in that position. He is also a valued KIC forum member on those occasions when he chooses to poke his nose in here.  Also, that video you so graciously shared was created by one of our forum moderators, so most of us have already seen it. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Welcome to KIC!

A lot of us really like Don Helbig. I will miss him being the primary "face of Kings Island" and it has been nice to have a popular Coaster Enthusiast in that position. He is also a valued KIC forum member on those occasions when he chooses to poke his nose in here.  Also, that video you so graciously shared was created by one of our forum moderators, so most of us have already seen it. 

Prior to my post being editorialized, the point of it was to change the subject...not of this thread, but a different thread all together to discuss corroborated information other than goofy Gigas and kid myths. It was moved to this thread as I come to understand it, because it was on the wrong news feed initially, which that's fine. But a forum should allow users to express their opinions freely, not be restricted to use euphemism to make a point because people can't handle the queen's candor. But again, the amusement park industry pulls the captivity of people who ironically has light stomachs and can't handle the weight of someone else's candor. I have to be more euphemistic when addressing my concerns on this forum for that exact reason. 

-The Queen of Chess. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RITA, THE QUEEN OF SPEED said:

But a forum should allow users to express their opinions freely, not be restricted to use euphemism to make a point because people can't handle the queen's candor. But again, the amusement park industry pulls the captivity of people who ironically has light stomachs and can't handle the weight of someone else's candor. I have to be more euphemistic when addressing my concerns on this forum for that exact reason.

[in a monotone] No, please, keep going. You've almost got me convinced that I want to talk roller coasters with you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• 2 months later...

I personally did not think of these Forums to bash or talk on one another, such Forum members, nor highly regarded Staff, of a beloved Regional Amusement park known around the World and our Great Country, the U.S.A.

This us in my opinion a place where Peeps, that love Kings Island,  Coney Island, Cedar Fair Parks, and the Amusement and Theme Park Industry. 

To KI, The other Great Parks, and living each day in this lifevthe rollercoaster of life full of hills, chills, corksvrews, tunnels, n maybe a loop. 

• Like 1