Dollywood TR November 24

diamondBanshee011

idek how to start this :P

so my family took a trip down to Dollywood today, and I had a total blast! I started out my day with the second row of Wild Eagle, which was also my first wing coaster.

After that we waited about 45 minutes for Firechaser Express, which was a pretty darn top-notch family coaster, plus it was my first step in starting to get over my fear of launches. I didn't mind the wait because I spent the whole time trying to calm my little sister down (after she heard about my random rivalry with Flight of Fear she decided she didn't like launches either.) But she ended up doing fine.

And then I tried cinnamon bread for the first time, and oh my goodness...

After the heaven that was cinnamon bread, we headed to Drop Line. While my dad was on that (I'm not a fan of Drop Towers) my sis convinced me to go on Whistle Punk Chaser with her, which she loved.

We had been keeping an eye on the wait times all day, and they had all been upwards of 30-45 minutes. But after WPC the line for Thunderhead (conveniently right there) had shrunk to 20, so I rode that. It was a bit rough but not as rough as people make it out to be. It was my 3rd GCI and 1st woodie not really centered on airtime. When I got to the bottom of the first drop I thought "OMG THAT WAS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE Mystic Timbers!!" Who knows why. Probably because I was excited and I think oddly when I'm excited. :P

We then decided to stick out Mystery Mine's 45-minute wait, which ended up being only about 30 minutes. I got to sit in the front. And I have I say, I don't understand all the criticism MM gets. Sure it's short, and maybe a bit rough, but the atmosphere and theming are outstanding. Plus it has its own theme song that plays in the queue!

By the time we got off MM it was almost dusk so we decided that we should just stick out Lightning Rod's wait before it got dark. (I was too scared to want a night ride. I know that seems odd, but I only recently got over my coasterphobia!) So we sat in line for an hour and a half, and lo and behold, it was pitch-black outside by the time we got to the station. So I got a night ride anyway.

And let me tell you.

LR at night is the most amazing, intense coaster experience I've ever had (but with my measly little coaster count of 34 it's not like I have much experience.) Coming out of the wave turn gave some crazy forces, and that quadruple down... well, it lived up to the hype.

After I had my favorite coaster experience of all time, we hit Tennessee Tornado and Blazing Fury. TT is my new favorite Arrow looper because it's so smooth (and I though the first drop was pretty fantastic too, but it was dark, so that helped.) BF was... alright. 

For my final ride I got a front-seat ride on Wild Eagle. A pretty good way to end the day, in my opinion. :) 

Overall, it was crowded and we didn't have timesaver passes, but I still had an amazing day- I still got to ride every single coaster, and I found a new favorite (sorry, Maverick!) So if you haven't ridden LR yet, get down there and do it!

-diamondBanshee011

(is there a picture here? There's not supposed to be a picture but I'm not sure how to delete it.)

IMG_0664.JPG

• Like 7

It sounds like you had a great trip.  I think its so cool that you were able to ride so many coasters in November.  Hoping going forward Kings Island will consider building coasters that can operate in the cooler weather.  That is one advantage to Dollywood over Kings Island this time of year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skyrider said:

It sounds like you had a great trip.  I think its so cool that you were able to ride so many coasters in November.  Hoping going forward Kings Island will consider building coasters that can operate in the cooler weather.  That is one advantage to Dollywood over Kings Island this time of year.

Agreed. We are here today, representing KI

59f6fff1b8724d408ed33704a9fb3466.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...