Ban the single rider line

matthew0813

Just to add my own little light on this.

Diamondback used to have the single rider line back when it first opened. Remember that? I was actually REALLY surprised when I saw this because I was heading for the first ride of the day Sunday before the line got long. I didn't even realize that there was a single rider thing going on.

I was kind of happy about it. Single rider lines increase capacity of rides by allowing people to fill in the empty seats of groups of 3 5 7 9, etc. 

I'll come at you from a RO standpoint.

If you come to the park with a group of 3. More times than not, when you get to the separator, (The guy or gal at the top of the steps or at the station ready to assign you a row) and you have 3? You're probably going to get paired with another group of 3 or 5, or whatever odd number group there was.

When filling Mystic Timbers, The crew does very well to separate people out, but a lot of times they don't understand what's going on. So you could have two groups of three and you try to pair them by saying this. (Two people in row 2, 1 person in row 3.) You go to the next group (ONE person, in row 3, and two in row 4) This saves you time, and gives you a completely extra row available for capacity.

When you have the single rider line, you have still try to put those groups of 3 like that, but instead you could give them the space they want, and place the single riders as needed. OR when you only get the 1 odd group while the rest are perfectly even number, 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. I will tell you that us Ride Operators that have the task of Separating absolutely LOVE single riders.

I wish they had a FastLane/Single-Rider lines. In which (you don't pay) but you get a wrist band with a specific colour that states that you are a single rider, and that could grant you to fast-lane. This would be especially good on some of the lower-speed rides where you could fill trains better to get more people on. And also on a ride like Mystic Timbers, where you don't have to wrap seat-belts around the restraint. Or with Diamondback so you don't have to buckle the seatbelts to go.

Do you realize how much faster lines would get if you did a single-rider line for Diamondback again? No empty seats? The train will be out of the station before the hammerhead! (And that's REALLY rare.)

(EDIT: I do understand that the abuse of Single Rider lane is bad. But hey, If the ride operator at the top cared, which they always should, then They can easily say to go back down into the regular line or be separated. (And I bet most of the time, the people will agree to separate more than wait 15 minutes.)

That's just my thought on the whole situation. (I didn't read any comments on here because I saw the main topic and I wanted to pull up to talk about it and drive off.)

See you on the Island!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, CoasterOhio said:

I wish they had a FastLane/Single-Rider lines. In which (you don't pay) but you get a wrist band with a specific colour that states that you are a single rider, and that could grant you to fast-lane. This would be especially good on some of the lower-speed rides where you could fill trains better to get more people on.

That's actually a pretty smart idea, it would really keep things moving. It would be cool if KI at least tried this for a month to see if it actually makes the rides more efficient. Also, I was wondering if the "idea" of FastLane was the main reason KI got rid of the Single-Rider line? 

• Like 1

When I rode last night, the seperator at the entrance ensured I wasn't with a group, which is good that they are monitoring that now. :)

EDIT: Also, as a heads-up: fanny packs ARE allowed to be with you on ride. One of the greeters told me to put it in a locker, and then the other greeter standing there said I was fine.

• Like 1

Did they ensure that you weren't with a group in the regular line? Because if they were doing that for the SRL that's stupid and isn't against the use of that line. 

The point of the SRL is to fill spaces and increase capacity...doesn't matter if you are with a group or not as long as you understand that your group will not be seated together and possibly not on the same train. 

I don't understand why this is still an issue, not to mention it's very likely that the SRL will not be here during the regular season with the FL+ line coming back. It's temporary for WinterFest. Personally, I get enough rides during the regular season so I may be of different thinking that riding during WinterFest shouldn't be the priority.

• Like 2