Ban the single rider line

matthew0813

I find it funny that the OP calls for Fast Lane to be brought back for Mystic Timbers instead of a single rider line...which would then in turn have a big group of people just "line jumping" because they are paying for it. So OP is fine when people pay to board before they do...but if they're not paying it's not okay. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Did you join KIC just to complain about this? 
Having empty seats actually slows down operation more than full seats. Due to the operators having to wrapping the seatbelts around the empty restraints. So thank you single rider line for keeping all the seats full. 

Na I already have a KIC account, I just joined Tapatalk recently however and I’m too lazy to go and sync the usernames.

I am thankful for the single rider lane, it’s very useful, it just drives me crazy to see people intentionally abuse it. Anyways it seems they have solved the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 2:12 PM, chugh43 said:

I find it funny that the OP calls for Fast Lane to be brought back for Mystic Timbers instead of a single rider line...which would then in turn have a big group of people just "line jumping" because they are paying for it. So OP is fine when people pay to board before they do...but if they're not paying it's not okay. 

It also wouldn't make much sense to implement Fast Lane being that MT is the only coaster open for Winterfest. My group also rode it and it took three cycles to get us all through.  None of us rode together, albeit a couple of us ended up on the same train, rows apart.  We merely filled holes.  I have also been at the park solo and been at the bottom of the steps before the station and back a few yards when the separator called for single riders.  I passed multiple other guests and probably "cut" five cycles or so, at the op's discretion.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, matthew0813 said:

I am thankful for the single rider lane, it’s very useful, it just drives me crazy to see people intentionally abuse it. 

Did you even read the replies in this topic? I'm doubting you even did. They are not abusing  the singer rider line. If they were fine with riding separately, power to them.

Oh, and drop the word "abuse". You're "abusing" it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Although I can see both viewpoints in regards to this topic, I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with the OP on this one.  Sure it's probably not a big deal when a handful of people (or groups) decide to get in the single rider line.  This might help to fill some holes and be able to load the train completely.  However, what if everyone who wanted to ride Mystic Timbers caught onto this? What if everyone said, "Ah screw the main queue, we'll just get in the single rider line and ride separate."  Sure when it's just a handful of people it's not a big deal, but if more and more groups started using Single Rider line, then it could become a problem.  It's kind of a tricky situation.  Since there are very few people abusing this line, it's kind of a non-issue.  However, if more and more groups are allowed to abuse this line, then it could definitely become an issue. 

• Like 3

If that were the case, they'd just shut down that entrance. 

Here's the thing....since they don't offer Fast Lane for Winterfest....they allow for single riders/groups willing to be split up in it's place. They don't even have to do that....but it's a way to 1) allow for folks by their selves or groups willing to split up to ride without having to wait as long and 2) to increase capacity, especially with being down one train. 

I guess my irritation for this is that the park doesn't have to do anything special like this....they could have easily just said everyone has to go through the queue but they didn't and folks are complaining about it as if their life is dramatically worse because of what they perceive as people abusing the single rider line. It's one thing to be irritated by folks literally line jumping in the regular queue but it's insane to be irritated by a system that is designed to speed up the process as well as increase capacity and how others choose to use it. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Voicetek said:

Although I can see both viewpoints in regards to this topic, I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with the OP on this one.  Sure it's probably not a big deal when a handful of people (or groups) decide to get in the single rider line.  This might help to fill some holes and be able to load the train completely.  However, what if everyone who wanted to ride Mystic Timbers caught onto this? What if everyone said, "Ah screw the main queue, we'll just get in the single rider line and ride separate."  Sure when it's just a handful of people it's not a big deal, but if more and more groups started using Single Rider line, then it could become a problem.  It's kind of a tricky situation.  Since there are very few people abusing this line, it's kind of a non-issue.  However, if more and more groups are allowed to abuse this line, then it could definitely become an issue. 

If too many people get in the line then it will simply take as long as the main line. If there is no more benefit people will just return to the main line. There are lots of parks that have single rider lines that don't have this problem, it probably won't happen.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Voicetek said:

So what if everyone choose to get in the SRL, guess what....*GASP*....they can literally only board when there are left over seats and/or odd numbered groups in the main queue. That is how the friggen SRL works! There is no tricky situation. People in the SRL can only board when theres odd numbered/left over seats from the main queue. 

The viewpoint of the original poster is wrong and most likely an adolescent who didn't think things through before posting. Kind of like you did.

The only way this is unfair is if the ride/line OP is boarding the train using the SRL prioritized first or even in pairs. For which wouldn't be the guests fault, it would be the ride/line OP.

Also the likelihood that the SRL becomes the majority picked line is unlikely due to there are so many factors with one of the biggest is most people like riding with their family, friends, or people they came to the park with.

• Like 5

OP,

I wish some of the others would express their disagrement with a little more tact or politeness. Unfortunately people talk to each other on the internet in ways they would never do so in person.

My thoughts are that you really should try to not let what you see as abuse of the single rider line bother you. There's not really a reason to ban it. If you think about it, it hasn't taken anything away from you. The single rider line fills seats that wouldn't otherwise be filled. If you are a true single rider nad there is no single rider lane, you end up waiting longer because of the un-filled seats.

Single rider lines are not going to be policed to make sure all the riders don't know each other. That's not realistic, and I think the main reason is to fill the seats and to get as many through in the shortest period of time anyway. It's also important to remember that those groups that go in the single rider line are sacrificing their abiility to ride together so it's kind of fair in that way.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

I wish some of the others would express their disagrement with a little more tact or politeness. Unfortunately people talk to each other on the internet in ways they would never do so in person.

Yeah, I know some of you guys are not trying to be mean or rude, But some of thing things said towards the OP could have been said in a more "polite" way rather than what has been said above, It just doesn't send out a good vibe for new and existing members of KI Central.

• Like 4

Here, read this article. It simplifies the single rider scenario and may be easier to understand. You do not wait any longer in line due to there being a single rider line. Actually, when Diamondback had a single rider line it chewed through the queue. ;)

http://www.ocregister.com/2016/06/24/robert-niles-do-single-rider-lines-help-shorten-lines-at-disneyland-and-other-theme-parks/ 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Here, read this article. It simplifies the single rider scenario and may be easier to understand. You do not wait any longer in line due to there being a single rider line. Actually, when Diamondback had a single rider line it chewed through the queue. ;)

http://www.ocregister.com/2016/06/24/robert-niles-do-single-rider-lines-help-shorten-lines-at-disneyland-and-other-theme-parks/ 

Did you quote the wrong person? Your post and article are in agreement with my posts.

• Like 1

If they did Fast Lane instead of the SRL for Mystic Timbers during Winterfest you would still have the same exact issue of people being in the other line that can get on faster. I mean, unless you get upset about Fast Lane then you really shouldn't be upset about SRL because it's the same thing just that the people in SRL are in that queue for a different reason than those in the line for Fast Lane. And if the people in the SRL aren't truly single riders then so be it, it's not going to change how long I need to wait in the main queue, either way there is going to be people waiting in that line.

• Like 3

Did you even read the replies in this topic? I'm doubting you even did. They are not abusing  the singer rider line. If they were fine with riding separately, power to them.

Oh, and drop the word "abuse". You're "abusing" it...

Bro I started this topic of course I read all the replies! I have said NUMEROUS times now and I’ll stop after this, but when I say abuse, I mean when people get into the single rider line as a group, and board the train Sitting TOGETHER as a GROUP. When a group of people get onto the train and fill in the seat accordingly to what is available there’s is no issue. Nada. But when people enter the line as a group and board the ride thru the single rider line and sit with one another it would be abusing the line. If you want to enter a line and sit with your friends, have some decency and go thru the ordinary line. Simple as that.

Thank you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, matthew0813 said:

Bro I started this topic of course I read all the replies! I have said NUMEROUS times now and I’ll stop after this, but when I say abuse, I mean when people get into the single rider line as a group, and board the train Sitting TOGETHER as a GROUP. When a group of people get onto the train and fill in the seat accordingly to what is available there’s is no issue. Nada. But when people enter the line as a group and board the ride thru the single rider line and sit with one another it would be abusing the line. If you want to enter a line and sit with your friends, have some decency and go thru the ordinary line. Simple as that.

And as I said, the solution to that is NOT to get rid of the single rider line entirely. The solution is to properly train the employee assigning seats to deny such requests. It's that simple. Deny those requests, and the problem disappears.

• Like 3

In all my times this is one of the dumbest posts/topics I’ve seen on here

Thanks! Glad to see you are commenting on a post you did not fully read. I stated many times why I call it abuse. I will not say it again as I am pretty sure you should be able to see it yourself. Anyways, I’m considering changing the post because of the comments like these. probably not worth it though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthew0813 said:

Thanks! Glad to see you are commenting on a post you did not fully read. I stated many times why I call it abuse. I will not say it again as I am pretty sure you should be able to see it yourself. Anyways, I’m considering changing the post because of the comments like these. emoji848.png probably not worth it though

I see your point that groups should not use the single rider line to sit together.  I agree that such use of the single rider line is abusive.  I do not agree with your proposed remedy of closing single rider line.  The single rider line helps in two ways.  Obviously, it fills the train by filling empty seats.  It also keeps single riders out of the main queue where every single rider comes with an empty seat.  Under normal operation, sometimes they use the single rider to fill an otherwise empty seat, sometimes not and another empty seat is created.  I have not seen a lot of empty seats on Mystic Timbers at Winterfest due to the single rider line.

I have not seen the single rider line abused in any of my 4 rides during winterfest.  I understand your experience is different, however your concern is overstated.  The ride operatins crew is fully capable of addressing potential abuses with the person at the line entry confirming that people who enter the single rider line are indeed single riders and the person assigning seats filling empty seats with single riders as odd numbered groups come through the normal line.  There is a small chance of abuse, but the benefit is substantial.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pez said:

I see your point that groups should not use the single rider line to sit together.  I agree that such use of the single rider line is abusive.  I do not agree with your proposed remedy of closing single rider line.  The single rider line helps in two ways.  Obviously, it fills the train by filling empty seats.  It also keeps single riders out of the main queue where every single rider comes with an empty seat.  Under normal operation, sometimes they use the single rider to fill an otherwise empty seat, sometimes not and another empty seat is created.  I have not seen a lot of empty seats on Mystic Timbers at Winterfest due to the single rider line.

I have not seen the single rider line abused in any of my 4 rides during winterfest.  I understand your experience is different, however your concern is overstated.  The ride operatins crew is fully capable of addressing potential abuses with the person at the line entry confirming that people who enter the single rider line are indeed single riders and the person assigning seats filling empty seats with single riders as odd numbered groups come through the normal line.  There is a small chance of abuse, but the benefit is substantial.

A some of the ride staff failed to address issues over the summer that would get a guest removed from the park. I have heard that many times from other guests. The staff has to get on the guests when it comes to cell phone use on rides, smoking in line, smoking on rides(yes that happened once) and line jumping. 

• Like 1

Years ago, on a dark summer night, there were a couple of kids in the lead car of The Racer that lit up on the lift hill.... there were red sparkles flying through the air for the duration on the ride. Luckily no one or any part of the ride/park went up in a blaze. They were reported by numerous people and they were detained in the station. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 7:04 PM, matthew0813 said:

Update

Just talked to the guest services again. They said that they were sorry for the inconvenience and gave me a coupon for a free hot chocolate mug. Cool! But Hopefully they bring these things to light and hopefully address them to the public and or take action upon it.

Congrats, you got something free for b*tching about something that is helping the greater group of people, but inconveniencing you. 

The enthusiasts love their single rider line, but god forbid if it has more than a 3 train wait or they won't let you 48 loaves of cinnamon bread on the ride with you.

Wait, there's not even a poll to help vote to close the single rider line! OP, you had one job... now can I have your phone number to call and complain? I really want some hot chocolate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4