On-Ride Photo

Dane

Actually, I do, because that is the only time we are all together and everybody is HAPPY! I have pictures of my kids through the years on The Beast, and who needs to spend the $$ on portraits - my "family portrait" on top of my TV was taken on Son of Beast!

It's pretty cool for a couple reasons - first, we live 300 miles away so nobody who sees the pics has any idea how great this place is, so it always makes for good conversation. Second, and kind of funny - my hubby is a professional photographer - and nothing he has set up for us can come close to that SOB pic (followed a close second by the Keyhole Photo from this year's Fear Fest). My girls are absolutely glowing in that pic, and let's be realistic, they're hitting teenhood and it is no longer cool to glow. They only glow when they're hundreds of miles away and none of the cute neighborhood boys are watching them. Gotta grab the opportunity to capture that however I can.

I don't find the prices that high, but if I wasn't (1) a parent; and (2) older, with a little more $$ since I already have all the CD's I need - I probably wouldn't buy AS MANY. (I'd be lost without my Thornberrys keychains too.)

I think the only decent picture from the on-ride photos is the one my husband and I got riding The Beast. What was really funny about it is some guy drug his girlfriend on it behind us and she was really freaking out!! In the picture, you see my husband and I grinning from ear to ear and then behind us, the boyfriend with the half grin-scream thing that they tend to capture with his girlfriend's head practically buried behind his back. It's priceless!! As for the keyhole photos, we never leave the park without one. No matter how crappy the picture might be, those are some of our greatest memories.

I but them if I am with one of my best friends or on a ride with my girlfriend then I would definantly buy them so I can have some priceless memories in the future. And Key Hole Pic. are cool I have one of me with the rest of my family with Face/Off in the backround,I don't get many chances to ahve a family phoyto becuase my bother is at collage and is very rare that we even step foot at PKI, there just priceless good or bad!!! biggrin.gif

I think they need to adjust the camera speeds and settings in the off season. if they did this, and made sure all the strobes went off at the right time, the pictures would be much better. I just hope keyhole photo works right this year. Last year they had tons of problems getting things to print towards the end of the season.

We ordered some over the internet, which I liked because we didn't have to carry them around and possibly ruin them. They were more expensive but obviously better quality - the pictures I sent out of my kids this year were professionally taken by Keyhole Photo!

Well all the pictures are now digital this year, not sure if that started last year or not. That is fixing a lot of the old problems they used to have. My cousin worked for them and occasionally I would help them out at night after I got off waiting for him. They had to develop the film themselve which could get ruined and cause guests to get ****ed off. They had to reload the film canisters themselves, and carry like 6 rolls with them at a time. Once developed they had to cut out those little pictures for the keychains for every picture. Then at the end of the night if no one bought the picture they had to open all the key chains and empty the pictures. It was really difficult.

Though obvisouly you are going to have problems no matter which way you go but I'm sure they had much less now with the digital stuff.

Yeah, but when the computer is working right, digital pictures are useless. I think PKi needs to get some system that is easy to use, and that some firm that specializes in digital imaging, can take care of for PKI. I hope PKI does this already and edoesn't ahve their own park epople working on the computers. I bet it woudl be a real pain in the you know what.

Keyhole photo is not run by Kings Island at all and I don't think they ever have been. It is an outside vendor that has many locations across the country (other parks and at beaches and stuff). So they are responsible for fixing all their own things (unless it is something the park provided, such as the building or electric)

Well thats good to know. Last season there were a couple of times where people were getting very Peeved, since the computers were not working right, and it was taking about two or three times the normal wait to get their pictures. The last day we went, we waited almost 45 mins to get our pics, and ended up going to Keyhole Photo 2, just so they could print the thing out.

I usually only buy the pictures if it's a first for that particular ride. Otherwise they get really expensive if you try to get one every time you go. I've got a whole shelf covered with "first" time photos from PKI and several other parks, they're great to show to friends and sometimes seem to be the only pictures I have on hand of the whole family together. As far as keyhole photo, usually only once a year is enough.

Keyhole photo is run by a firm called Photogra. i think thats how you spell it. if you have the right computer, you could print off your picture from your house, because you can look it up on the internet, which is cool. you're supposed to want to order it off the internet. My old machine wouldn't let me right click, they had it encoded so you couldn't but my girlfriend could, so she saved all our entrance pictures. great fun i do say.

Keyhole Photo is run by John Shawn Productions, based out of New Jersey (I think). They own photo shops mainly in Six Flags and Sea Worlds. The change to digital photos a few years back was a major step in Keyhole Photo's progression. Not only is film on a disc, numbers can be assigned to the film easier than before.