Favorite coaster at ki?

matthew0813

#1 would be Diamondback, #2 Banshee, #3 Mystic Timbers, #4 Flight of Fear, #5 Flight Deck or Vortex. I only like The Beast at night that's all I'll say, don't wanna ruffle anyone's jimmies lol

My list is basically the same except fof is in front of Mystic Timbers. I have a thing for dark rides. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, matthew0813 said:

My list is basically the same except fof is in front of Mystic Timbers. I have a thing for dark rides.

Ya I feel The Beast is way overrated during the day its an OK ride, at night its great but all those trim brakes kill it. I really wish RMC would re do it, imagine coming through some of the concrete tunnels  that have turns wall riding them with crazy banks. I feel this coaster deserves it, I know a lot of the enthusiasts would be upset but this would truly make The Beast even more special in my honest opinion.

• Like 2

Ya I feel The Beast is way overrated during the day its an OK ride, at night its great but all those trim brakes kill it. I really wish RMC would re do it, imagine coming through some of the concrete tunnels  that have turns wall riding them with crazy banks. I feel this coaster deserves it, I know a lot of the enthusiasts would be upset but this would truly make The Beast even more special in my honest opinion.

Thank you! Couldn’t have said it better!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, spooky21 said:

Unpopular opinion but I agree with you. The reason I put Mystic Timbers ahead of The Beast on my favorite coasters at KI is because Mystic is simply more fun and exciting.

During Daytime like you stated The Beast to me is really nothing but you going through the forest at around 35-45 mph, with a few turns, some straight sections, and some trim brakes then you go through the double helix which is the best part of the ride.

At night its a little more exciting because you can't see much. But from that, it really isn't that much of an exciting ride. I know people hate the thought of it but if you did at least give RMC the chance to edit The Beast, they could arguably make it the best ride in the park. Just imagine if they put some ejector hills through the layout, removed all the trims and maybe increase the bank of the turns, Heck even at the end of the helix they could add a Triple/Quad Down. But realistically the chances of this happening is very low and the current state of The Beast is ok and at least it's a fun ride.

*It's Also my 200th post! I'm now a KIC Junky! #milestones   

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion but I agree with you. The reason I put Mystic Timbers ahead of The Beast on my favorite coasters at KI is because Mystic is simply more fun and exciting.
During Daytime like you stated The Beast to me is really nothing but you going through the forest at around 35-45 mph, with a few turns, some straight sections, and some trim brakes then you go through the double helix which is the best part of the ride.
At night its a little more exciting because you can't see much. But from that, it really isn't that much of an exciting ride. I know people hate the thought of it but if you did at least give RMC the chance to edit The Beast, they could arguably make it the best ride in the park. Just imagine if they put some ejector hills through the layout, removed all the trims and maybe increase the bank of the turns, Heck even at the end of the helix they could add a Triple/Quad Down. But realistically the chances of this happening is very low and the current state of The Beast is ok and at least it's a fun ride.

Congrats I have a little ways to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

Ya at night its good, but daytime it's boring compared to Mystic Timbers or other rides just straights and a few turns. The best part of the ride is the helix and the tunnels. But Imagine taking that 2nd tunnel with an inverted banked turn. RMC could really do a lot for this ride.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^That doesn't quite work as well on Racer as it does on Beast, at least any middle seat behind 1-2, at least going by my experiences.  I wish it had a better ride in the back given its an out and back coaster with all those hills.  

I have noticed that, I also on sit in a certain row on Vortex I think it was row 8??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, matthew0813 said:

For some reason if you sit on the front of the cars on fof your foot parallel to the side of the train gets crushed. Anyone else had this happen?

I have that same experience as well. It's like that everywhere, but I think it is especially bad in the front. Makes for a rough ride, to a point where I feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matthew0813 said:

For some reason if you sit on the front of the cars on fof your foot parallel to the side of the train gets crushed. Anyone else had this happen?

I am not totally sure, but I assume this is the wheel hump under your foot?

Please note: Double posting is against the terms of service. Please refrain from double posting on KIC. Additional comments can be edited into your last post if needed. Thanks!

• Like 1

On a typical hot summer day, my favorite coaster in the park is Banshee, followed closely by Mystic Timbers (and Diamondback isn't too far behind MT). However, if it's cool or cold and cloudy or the autumn tree colors have kicked in, or at night, The Beast rises above them and takes the cake since it is more of a "take advantage of the scenery" type ride and thus it takes advantage of those conditions better than your typical "element-to-element" normal roller coasters do.

Oh, and for wait-time-to-fun value, Vortex and The Bat are both amazing since usually neither of those will be over 30 minutes even on busy days since both are older rides and still have great capacity.

• Like 2

That's it! I new I was close, that's where I've had my best rides. [mention=8280]VortexBFForever[/mention] What's your favorite spot?

My favorite rides on Vortex have happened in the very back at night! In other words, I also really enjoy 7-1 (and 7-2 for that matter). I also like the front if I want the coolest view, and sometimes I hop in the middle if I want something different (like extra hang time in the corkscrews!).

• Like 3