Blitz or RMC?

matthew0813

I was thinking, the chances that ki would receive an RMC is a good possibility in the future considering all the other RMCs Cedar Fair has gotten. But, I was wondering, if you had the choice between a hybrid or an Intamin Blitz, which would you pick? (Cedar Point will have two literally next to each other next year so we can have a better opinion next year.)

IMG_5288.JPG

• Like 2

RMC, but a ground up topper track woodie, as I don't think any of our current woodies deserve or need the treatment; Woodstock Express is too small, The Beast is too legendary, The Racer is responsible for the coaster building boom and has too much history, and Mystic Timbers was just built. A topper track coaster would round out the wooden line up more and fill in the category of wooden coaster that was left when Son of Beast closed, or at least when it lost the vertical loop in 2007.

• Like 6

I agree with KIC Enthusiast. I think Kings Island's woodies are perfectly fine. The closest thing that could get a RMC treatment would probably be Racer, but I highly doubt that will happen. 

I think that if Kings Island were to RMC The Beast it could quite easily be the best ride in the park. Right now I have to ride it closer to the front because too far to the back of the train kills my back and my arms. Mind you I’m only 16 and that shouldn’t be an issue in the first place. But if RMC were to refurbish The Beast (which I don’t doubt they will do eventually considering what happened to mean streak) it would be simply amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd like to see a Mack Multi-Launch personally. I don't think we'll  see a Intiman Blitz anytime soon. Mack and RMC seem to be 2 of the hottest manufacturers right now. I'd love to see KI invest into a large scale Mack coaster. Now if we got an RMC I would want it to be a ground up topper track coaster. If we were to get a conversion I think Racer would be the best option. But I also don't see that happening because of what Racer has done for the industry. I don't think The Beast has the layout for an RMC. It would be hard to RMC long straight away's. I think The Beast is fine the way it is. Mystic Timbers won't be touched because it's new and an amazing ride.

• Like 2

What if there was a possibility of a raptor track giga?

Well, we’re basically certain ki will get a giga, no debate because every there Cedar Fair park has one except ki, and RMC raptor/trex coasters won’t ki for a while I’d think because ki tends to be late to the party when it comes to new kinds of coasters. But there is a possibility for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Not every Cedar Fair park has a Giga there buddy.....most of the major parks do....but Knotts and KI don't.  I don't want to say that KI is late to the party when it comes to new kinds of coasters....the park is more conscious for who visits the park and the business needs. 

I meant to add “significant” Cedar Fair parks. In a rush while typing that. My mistake. And that’s true, just that ki hasn’t exactly adopted newer coaster designs yet. You get what I’m saying.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If Kings Island ever retired Vortex like that long rumor that's been tossed about for years, I think an Intamin blitz would be perfect in that spot. However, If they wanted to put it somewhere else, Kings Island has plenty of land to play with to squeeze one in. Cedar Fair/Kings Island need a second park with a blitz coaster like Maverick.

• Like 3