Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

PKI Unlimited.com Chat Room...

I have been discussing putting up a PKI Unlimited.com chat room on PKIU with the staff, but I want to know what you guys and gals think. If we were to have scheduled chat events on the site, would you participate?

I agree that there should be only scheduled chats and not an open chat. Maybe you could get someone from pki, like Jeff Siebert, to join a scheduled chat and we could talk to him. I would be up for that! biggrin.gif

As long as its better than the one we tried. rolleyes.gif

And I agree with AZ not open, but scheduled. An open chat really would not be worth it.

PKIUnlimited just broke 100 registared members!

Well, I agree with the scheduled chats, but with some of the boards/chat rooms that I have seen, the chat room just doesnt work out very well if its open. Noones ever in it to chat.

I think if chats were scheduled and the room wasn't left open all the time, then things would be different. PKIU members would only be in there when events were taking place and chatting with other members.

I don't think we would see Jeff Siebert come in or anything, but just a good time to discuss the park with board members. I, especially, who has been away from the boards for a while would love to see a chat, maybe a chat every Wednesday or something. I think that would be a great idea Aaron.

I am in agreement with that. at least a weekly chat with just members to keep up with what all is going on. It would be nice to be able to get some guests in on chats though, and have some type of controlled Q & A session.

We're looking at maybe within a few weeks. Since I'm sure not all of you have mIRC, I'm looking for a good IRC Java chat applet for everyone who just wants to chat through their Internet browser. Aaron Spriggs (AZ Kinda Guy) and I tested an applet out the other day, and we think that's what we'll use. The only problem is that I'm going to have to dish out $50 for it, but it's worth it. rolleyes.gif