Team Building

Gannersdaddy

I am not sure if I asked this before, but has anyone here done the KI teambuilding program with their workplace here.  I am using an official one held by the park.   I am trying to get my boss hooked on the idea, but would like to find out more information from the other side of it.

I will contact the park and ask for more, but just checking here first.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, electricsun said:

I did in 2011. I can post more information about it later when I get off work. Pricing for teambuilding doesn't include admission which is required. Also, how large is the team that would participate? 

Anywhere from 12 to 45.  I am working on trying to convince my bosses that this may be a good idea  :)

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the delay @Gannersdaddy. I wanted to look on my laptop instead of my phone...and things have been a bit hectic. Looking at KI's website, a different organization is running the program. When I did it, it was through Camp Kern. Teambonders is running it now - https://www.teambonders.com/ - according to KI's website: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/groups/corporate-events/teambuilding

Based on that, I'm not sure if my previous experience would be helpful. We did an "Amazing Race" type experience where we had different challenges to do worth different points. Our group of 13 was split into two groups. Some of the challenges included an orienteering challenge around the fountains, playing a game, riding roller coasters and getting the on the ride photo (had free tickets for this and game), figuring out some equation with the Eiffel Tower, and creating a rope long enough to connect two objects. As we had some in our team that did want to ride roller coasters, it was nice that the challenges didn't require everyone to ride. 

Regardless, I would expect that your group would be split into smaller groups to complete the teambuilding. As we had to pay admission for the park, in addition to the team building cost, we were able to stay in the park after the (about) 2 hour experience. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

This was my post about it 3 years ago: 

• Like 1