Santa’s Toy Factory 1991

BoddaH1994

Just think, all of these performers are now nearly 50 years old but still probably 5’1.

Also, for a closer version (and I have posted this before) this was the version that was produced by Jack Rouse Associates for the 2005 one-off Winterfest.

Although Winterfest is an A+ event this year, my one small wish would be for this show to be in the KI Theater so the set can be elaborate like it was in 2005, although I think the casting is surprisingly good this year.

• Like 4

Ryan, I too was hoping that Tinker`s Toy Factory would be in the KI Theater.  But like you said the cast they have in the Festhaus is very good.  Especially Poindexter.  Strangely, I miss the few songs that the 2005 version had that were not included with this incarnation.  Still, it is very cool that this show has been featured in all three versions of Winterfest.

• Like 3

Santa's Toy Factory is my favorite show that KI ever did.  As much as I love performing at WinterFest, I still wouldn't mind having one night off so I can see how Tinker's lives up to it.  I know a few of the performers in that show and they're very talented.  But on the other hand, I don't want to end The Plight Before Christmas' streak... as of last night we've completed 64 of our total 92 scheduled shows.

• Like 5

Thanks to @BoddaH1994 for posting both of those videos! I like how our current version of Tinkers is a nice blend of the original (80's/90's) Santa's Toy Factory and the mid 2000's version. Of the two, I liked the early version better, but I still loved singing along with both of them while watching. Can't wait to see Tinkers once again tonight! :D

• Like 2

On 12/22/2017 at 1:23 AM, TeddyBears4Eva said:

The Poindexter in the 2005 version went on to do several Broadway shows, including Wicked, and now has a regular role on the tv show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. 

That’s interesting!

Wendel (Tinker in 2017) stayed with KI for about 5 years before signing with cruise ships, and I think he’s on broadway now. One of the elves (not sure the name since they were different that year - but sang “Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas”) also stayed with KI for several year before working for Universals Studios Florida, and most recently Uni Hollywood.

• Like 2