Ideas for Future Winterfest Events

upstop

What ideas do you have for future Winterfest events?

1. I’d like to see BLSC plaza used for a model train display

2. How about putting an “ice castle” meet and greet on the “mountain” also know as Flight Commander pad?

3. WindSeeker Tower could be used for a light show, perhaps Christmas tree number two. 

4. Of course SR&R could operate with an awesome light package. 

5. Theme the back of Coney Mall to Rivertown as the Ice Kingdom with those white jeweled lights like the trees in Ice Zone.  (They are beautiful!)

6. Perhaps an area dedicated to the Nut Cracker Ballet. 

There are so many things they could add. I’m excited for next year!

• Like 3

Winterfest has been outstanding this year, with so much to see and do. Honestly, my only recommendations for next year are these: 1) If they are going to bring "Everest the Elf" back, at least give him the proper deep ("Al/Haunt) voice! 2) Viking Fury and Shake, Rattle and Roll could possibly be added to the rides lineup and 3) If they are going with the new 4-10 hours, maybe push ahead some of the show times to match this.

• Like 4

On 12/22/2017 at 2:14 PM, BlondyRidesOn said:

Drop Tower decorated to look like "The North Pole."

Open the Eiffel Tower observation deck (probably the 265' platform) to get a 360 degree birdseye view of the event. Maybe call it "Santa's Treehouse." This may not be a possibility due to the windchill and the wires that may be all over the platform for the lights.

KI closes platforms with anything additional on the Eiffel Tower. The higher platform is closed during Haunt when they have the eyes up, and they closed the Eiffel Tower two weekends before Haunt ended because they were starting to string up the lights for Winterfest. With that in mind, it's highly unlikely that the Eiffel Tower will be open during Winterfest or late Haunt in the upcoming seasons.

Edit: any changes to either Drop or WindSeeker for Winterfest would likely also result in premature closings.

• Like 2

It would be wonderful if they could open them, but I think they can only operate with higher temperatures. 

I would love to see a “lodge” type spring-up building in the woods behind either the Crypt building or behind The Racer with comfortable setting around a Roaring fireplace where guests can enjoy an atmosphere similar to the Reds Grill sing along and watch it snow from the lodge windows. All would be Comfy and cozy having spiked drinks and singing carols.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2017 at 8:29 PM, whengodsaysgo said:

I think there should be an exclusive spot for Scrooge and his fans like me!

Bah Humbug!

But I will say this, Winterfest has helped diminish the holiday blues, just a little. 

I actually love this idea! With all

the things they do for the haunt, what about a walk-through Christmas Carol...kid friendly...but almost like a play of a Christmas Carol except you walk through it. Anything extra they could add for indoor entertainment would be a plus! 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2017 at 7:26 AM, BuckeyeBond said:

I'd like to see both sides of Racer open for WinterFest. I'd also like to see Woodstock Express open. I mean most of Planet Snoopy is already open.

Agree- racers should be open! They were lit up, my 8 year old flipped out thinking they were running. It's his favorite ride...

• Like 5

Two things, both regarding the giant Eiffel Tree.

• brighter lights on the star
  • ease up on all of the lighting changes..  I get that the light strands have a billion or so functions.  choose 5, let them go longer

And perhaps a New Years Eve event.

other than that- for a park that is notorious for "over-hype / under-deliver"- this one exceeded all expectations. Well done, and hopefully an indication of things to come!

• Like 3

I’d love to see more indoor or covered/heated areas. We missed a close call with very good weather this year, but tonight (the last night of the event) is going to be frigid! Any way to hop from indoors to indoors along the way would be fantastic! Whose going tonight? It’s bound to be incredibly beautiful with the snow covering the midways!!! 

• Like 4