2017 Compared to Previous Years

Cmhornblessed

Question- How do you think this year for KI compared to previous years?

We returned to KI after about 15 years and had a wonderful time, so much so that we bought season passes for next year and are looking forward to it. I have many memories of the park growing up, mostly from the 90's and can compare this year to that time somewhat, but I was curious about what others thought about this year when compared to other years. Though I do not have much in recent years to compare to it seems to me that this year was a banner year with the debut of Mystic Timbers in the spring and then Winterfest in the fall. 

What are your thoughts?

• Like 2

I've been coming to the park again since 2014, after around a fifteen year hiatus. 

For me, 2017 included a lot of smaller improvements that show they are paying attention to what park visitors want or need.

I feel like food service got up to speed and quality a lot quicker in the season than in the previous two years that I had dining. The all-season disposable cup plans have been a useful perk. Winterfest was clearly fantastic, and included at least a temporary reopening of the International Restaurant. Soaring instrumentals returned to International Street. The new smokehouse had fantastic food that made me walk all the way over to the waterpark and back just for lunch because it was worth it. 

And of course, there was Mystic Timbers. I can't say enough good things. It fits in so beautifully to the area, and already feels like it belongs there. It fills out the important niche of coasters in between kiddy and high-thrill for the park. And it is just so much fun!

• Like 10

Agree with @Magenta Lizard about the park listening to their guests. Several things that have been talked about here on KIC and I am sure taken to guest services at the park have been fixed, worked on or tweaked. There is always room to get better, but we can obviously see an effort over the past 10 years with Cedar Fair. 

Just a few that come to mind.

• Drink Cup plan
  • Food Service improvements
  • Winterfest
  • Ride installs
  • Blacktop to Pavers
  • More theming on new installs
  • Like 3