New Paramount Logo

Beastfreak

Aparently Paramount is changing their logo. As many have seen over the years, they had a Mountain with a ring of stars over the top. Well those stars just got better. Starting from the right, they will still arch over the mountain but now they will get closer.

These new logos can be seen on Paramount's Great America and Paramount's Canada's Wonderland websites. The other parks and the main Paramount Parks website have not yet updated the logo. However, it will be a corporate wide change. The new PKI commercial that was unveiled recently to attract employees uses the new logo as well.

What do you think of the new change?

I like the new look, The fonts are different giving it a more "hip" look. Kings Island also has a new logo, like I said it is on their new commercials. I never liked the way they had "Kings Island" written. Being flat across the top then arching up on the underside. Now the whole word is slightly arched.

This most likely means some changes for the park appearance as well. We may possibly see the new logo as we enter the park along with the addition of the new fountains. Though I wonder if they will finally fix their sign in the parking lot. Changing the logo on it would most likely mean a whole new sign, which would finally fix the light up Marque that seems to only "half work" all summer long. This also means there might be a change in name tags park wide as well.

These changes may all be done by the begining of the season or my slowly change through out the year. Then again, they may choose not to do anything at all.

I noticed how our associate ID's had two noticeable changes in them. One change is the new PKI logo, which I think is very nice. Yet I think it is funny how the Paramount Parks logo is still the same. But, I also noticed how our names on our IDs are larger, darker, and in the center of the ID. It sort of reminds me of the rumors last year of all PKI associates having to wear the nametags on their uniforms. Perhaps this year one may actually have to wear it on the uniform, who knows though. I'd be really disappointed though if we no longer wore nametags, I have two magnetic name tags and it would be disappointing if I didn't get to use them. Oh well. Maybe there will be several surprises in store with the nametags, we'll see. It would be interesting to see though if they change all the logos inside the park, especially the sign by 71.

Yeah they talked about everyone having to wear the ID's on them last year so that if you are in a back area it is easily noticable if you work for the park. I have yet to get a new ID for this year (still disputing with people) so I don't know what they are doing completely. I do know that if you received your ID on returners weekend and will be working in a location with a register you will need to get a new ID because you will be using it to log in. (Finally they have listened to me. Well don't know if it was from my complaining but I've been saying they needed to do that for years)

BeastFreak: Are you sure that they are letting us use our ID's to log in? I know that they were considering it, but I did not know that actually were going to do that. Also, I really don't know if every single associate that uses a register will need an new ID if they have already gotten their 2003 ID. The magnetic strip is used in Merch to log associate IDs, and one's ID does register. They could probably just rework the register system to just be able to swipe the ID, yet who knows. I'd like to be able to swipe my ID, it is a royal pain to have to log over someone over and over again to fix voids, swiping would be much quicker. We in merch also did some complaining about having to constantly log in, so who knows, maybe there was enough vocal opinion.

I think the new Paramount Logo looks good. Their old logo of the stars and the mountain has been around for years, and as they say, change is good. I think changing of the log was long overdue and now looks great. It gives Paramount that updated look, of something new and hip, which needs to happen from time to time.

Trader, you have always been able to swipe the "barcode" side of the ID. The magnetic strip did nothing for you. I think it did for full time employees, though not sure. Since the swipe on the registers reads "magnetic strips", like those on credit cards and the other half of the ID, they had to reprint my friend's ID cause they just started programming the magnetic strip as well.

Proof artwork is usally a very limited set. usually when artists proof something, they usually only proof between one and ten copies, and mark them as proofs, so there is a much smaller set of these items, hence each one is worth abunch more, than the copies that are made after the proof.

• 3 weeks later...