The spin wheel for Fast Lane.

cbranham26

I just renewed for 2018 and I was wondering do anybody else gamble with this? 5$ and you spin the wheel, whatever ride it lands on you get 2 Fast Lane passes. Obviously it's a gamble because some of the rides are just trash ( dodge em ) ( backlot stunt ) I mainly spin it for Diamondback, which is an amazing feeling when you win. There have been some cool attendants working who will give you whatever voucher you want though.

• Like 3

Welcome to KIC!

I've never played these games myself, but some members have. If it's a day when lines are excessively long, playing until you win a "good" ride should be cheaper than splurging on Fast Lane Plus for the day.

Paging @jcgoble3 , who likes spin-the-wheel games more than most of us!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, malem said:

Paging @jcgoble3 , who likes spin-the-wheel games more than most of us!

Shhhhhhh. I'm trying to kick the habit. :P

Seriously though, they are good to play on the really, really busy days when you don't want to wait in any of the lines. Just don't spend too much money on them, mkay?

• Like 1

I probably spent 45$ one time, it became addicting! sometimes I would spend 10 minutes just watching other people to see what they got. The idea of waiting over an hour in 90 degree weather is just something I refuse to do. 500$ for all season Fast Lane would be worth it, if you could include 1 extra person.

• Like 3

When they first introduced those "front of the line" spin wheels, I believe it was only $2 to play and if you won you got two front of the line passes to any ride in the park.  My daughter's friend came with us once and she won three times in a row.  If you didn't win the passes I believe the other spots were for things like 10% off your purchase in various stores inside the park.

• Like 5

My friend and I did it once and got the Dodgem... Never did it again, I mean its a good concept if you have an extra $5 in your pocket and you really don't care if you get a lame ride. But really it's a waste for me considering I would only use it for about 4 of the rides on the wheel. I would also appreciate it if Kings Island would allow the person who paid to spin the wheel instead of the "wheel op" spinning it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xdog42 said:

I would also appreciate it if Kings Island would allow the person who paid to spin the wheel instead of the "wheel op" spinning it.

I've always spun the wheel myself, and witnessed the same for other players, even this season. Sounds like you got an operator on a power trip.

Played correctly*, the wheel game is a game of skill, since the strength you put into the spin ultimately determines where it stops (hence the rule on the sign that the wheel must make at least one complete revolution to count). The operator spinning for you takes away your opportunity to use skill and turns it into a game of chance.

*I've never been any good at the skill portion, which is why I'm trying to kick the habit. :)

• Like 4

I took a spin on the wheel by Diamondback on Opening Day last season. I got a pass for Mystic Timbers, immediately after which I enjoyed a fifteen-minute wait to take my first ride on Kings Island's newest coaster!

I think it's a fairly good alternative for those who would rather not fork over $50+ for Fast Lane or $70+ for Fast Lane Plus...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

Played correctly*, the wheel game is a game of skill, since the strength you put into the spin ultimately determines where it stops (hence the rule on the sign that the wheel must make at least one complete revolution to count). The operator spinning for you takes away your opportunity to use skill and turns it into a game of chance.

Exactly! That's why I wanted my friend (who paid for it) to be able to spin it, At least it's good that some operators give you that power. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Are they doing specific rides now? I used to do it a lot when it was $2 (I think) and they had general “front of the line” passes. The other prizes were nice, but ones you’d be less likely to use like 10% off a shop or 50% off Skyflyer.

Originally, the wheels were as you said. Recently (I first noticed this in 2017, but having not had a pass in 2016, it may have started then without me knowing about it) they changed the wheels so that every space awards a one-time Fast Lane pass, but most are for a specific ride, ranging from big rides like Mystic Timbers and Beast to small flats like Monster and Dodgems. IIRC, there is still (at least as of the last time I saw the wheel last summer) one "wild card" space on the wheel that lets you pick the ride.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

Originally, the wheels were as you said. Recently (I first noticed this in 2017, but having not had a pass in 2016, it may have started then without me knowing about it) they changed the wheels so that every space awards a one-time Fast Lane pass, but most are for a specific ride, ranging from big rides like Mystic Timbers and Beast to small flats like Monster and Dodgems. IIRC, there is still (at least as of the last time I saw the wheel last summer) one "wild card" space on the wheel that lets you pick the ride.

I’d say that’s a better deal than before. I’d rather have FL for Monster than a prize I wouldn’t use.

• Like 4