Kings Island's 2018 Operation Calendar

Sonofbeast2.0

Remember, CP only has platinum and regular passes.  If you get a regular pass, you do not have access to any of the ERT, etc that comes with a Platinum pass. 

Good reason for KI to add additional Platinum events. I’m guessing only a fraction of pass holders at KI are Platinum. It would be a selling point to get more people to upgrade.
  • Like 2

Regular season passes don't give admission to Haunt or Winterfest. 

Really, I think that paying around the price of two full-price single day tickets to the park, and receiving free admission and parking any day they're open is plenty of "perk."

If what you mean is you want more exclusivity to special events, really the only thing that is going to do it is either a large increase in the price of season passes (so that less people buy them), or something like the Ride Warriors club up at CP where you pay to belong to an exclusive club invited to multiple special events (which apparently was not worth it from that park's point of view since it has been disbanded), or upcharges for individual events (like the Banshee Brew festival or Spirit Song).

As far as I'm concerned, the best semi-exclusive perk is Coasterstock, and I'll definitely be paying to attend it for the fourth year in a row. 

• Like 6

It has been said that the admission breakdown between those three groups (passholders, ticketholders, group sales) is roughly even at KI, but of course per-park attendance figures are never released.

I would expect the first group to be growing at the expense of the others, given the ever-increasing popularity of season passes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

^that is pretty strange. I was wrong about it not being listed before, too. The app still shows 2017's calendar and it has last year's preview night as a grey circle, meaning "private event."

I don't think it means anything in the grand scheme of things that it isn't on the calendar tho. I'm sure they aren't going to cancel it after announcing it. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jimbo t said:

so what would be the general thought ? with the early preview day being on Friday this year does everyone agree that it will be real crowded or not so much???:ph34r:

Not sure I totally follow your post. Preview day has (for the past several years anway) been on Friday.  

Preview night and opening day are usually quite busy if the weather is nice. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Not sure I totally follow your post. Preview day has (for the past several years anway) been on Friday.  

Preview night and opening day are usually quite busy if the weather is nice. 

sorry I didn't know  that they were usually on Friday.. this is my first year with a gold pass... anyway if the weather is nice then generally crowded.. I figured as much . thanks

On 1/8/2018 at 2:39 PM, KingsMills79 said:

Any idea when single day Fast Lane prices will be released?

I'm hoping soon.  This is our 1st yr getting a gold pass,  so we really want to go for the preview night.   I'm assuming it will be packed.. So hoping to get single day Fast Lane passes.   I'd love to have the season Fast Lane.  But we're a family of 3, and at about $500 each I can't bring myself to pay that. 

1 hour ago, jamieleelpn said:

I'm hoping soon.  This is our 1st yr getting a gold pass,  so we really want to go for the preview night.   I'm assuming it will be packed.. So hoping to get single day Fast Lane passes.   I'd love to have the season Fast Lane.  But we're a family of 3, and at about $500 each I can't bring myself to pay that. 

Keep in mind, unless they change it, there is no Fast Lane on preview night.

Last year opening day was $75 for Fast Lane and $90 for Fast Lane plus.

3 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Keep in mind, unless they change it, there is no Fast Lane on preview night.

Last year opening day was $75 for Fast Lane and $90 for Fast Lane plus.

Ahh that stinks.. We've decided at least a couple times this summer we'd go for some Fast Lane passes.. Was going to try to use it on busier days that we might go.   Was that also the cost through the rest of the summer? 

2 hours ago, jamieleelpn said:

Ahh that stinks.. We've decided at least a couple times this summer we'd go for some Fast Lane passes.. Was going to try to use it on busier days that we might go.   Was that also the cost through the rest of the summer? 

That is what it peaked out at.  Still, on the busy days, it can be worth it.

• Like 1