Webcams

Maverick44

I'm sorry if this is a thread already. I am seeing some light activity on the Banshee cam. I wonder what's going on? Flashing lights and then all of a sudden a huge white light appears? Is this the normal lighting package for Banshee? Changing lights then a bright light. Would they still run them at this time of year?

• Like 1

They used to have the construction cam in Planet Snoopy.  I can see why they removed it once the construction was done, but there are other places they can add one or two.

A couple places that come to mind are top of WindSeeker looking at Vortex, towards the Eiffel Tower, or maybe the woods for a Beast sighting.  Or maybe on Drop Tower, giving a different view of Banshee and Adventure Express.

• Like 4

I was just looking at the cams and how cool would it be to walk through the park during the  offseason at night with all lights off but the ones they normally have on at this time. I was thinking how creepy that would be. just walking with small groups of maybe 4 or 6. Walking back near FoF i'd legit be scared haha

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I was just looking at the cams and how cool would it be to walk through the park during the  offseason at night with all lights off but the ones they normally have on at this time. I was thinking how creepy that would be. just walking with small groups of maybe 4 or 6. Walking back near FoF i'd legit be scared haha

Had a similar experience at Haunt last year.  We did the last ride of the night on Beast.  When we got off, we hardly saw anyone until we got to the fountain and  a lot of the lights were already out and the sounds were off.  If some scareactors dressed as zombies had come out, it would have definitely have given me a jump!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malem said:

Walking through the park on Closing Day of Winterfest almost felt like an off-season tour. Especially Planet Snoopy and the back half of Action Zone.

Agreed. It was weird as Snow Works wasn't running and they were starting to deflate the snowglobe. However, that night was a blast.

-MDMC, who still misses Winterfest...

EDIT: Also, Snoopy was definitely a ghost town that night. 

EDIT2: I know how they can improve Winterfest, @Gannersdaddy... give Al (the troll) his voice back! He can still tell jokes, but please give him the deep voice! Also, having the Mistletones always in the Kings Island Theater before Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular would make sense thematically. Speaking of shows, perhaps the open-air theater next to the Effial Tower (where Hot Blooded was) could be used for something?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

Cold enough to justify wearing a coat??!!?? :huh:

Yes. I've never had frostbite, and I certainly didn't want to get it at KI.

I'm not the biggest fan of winter coats, but I do appreciate them (and gloves) when it's bitterly cold like it was on the last day of Winterfest.

• Like 4