Carousel: Moving & Preserving History

https://www.carowinds.com/blog/2018/the-carowinds-carousel-moving-history

The ride is being moved to near the Vortex and restored.  Looks like they are taking the time to truly celebrate this treasured ride.

Hopefully, the Flying Scooter at Carowinds is relocated within the park as well.  I believe they removed it as part of their new Camp Snoopy additions.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Honestly @JubJester my first visit was in 2010....the visit after that was in 2015....that transformation that the park saw between those two seasons was amazing. Even seeing the transformation from 2015 to 2016 and then from 2016 to 2017 was pretty amazing in my eyes. 

That's amazing.

You just made the anticipation for going back even greater :D.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It will take Carowinds years to restore the Carousel close to original condition and undo the abomination that Paramount Parks did to the poor Carousel in ONE offseason.  I was really hoping that Carowinds could repaint and restore the Carousel all in one winter but now I am hopeful that Carowinds will take their time and make our PTC Carousel look like a proper PTC Carousel not a modern fiberglass one. 

Back to the Flyers, I said back in August when the announcement came that wouldn’t believe Flyers was being relocated until I seen the permits. I did see the permits but the state of SC didn’t approve the permits to relocate the Flyers. 

So now that Carowinds says they are supposed to reinstall Flyers in 2019 I worry that they are just trying to keep the fans calm and hope we forget about the Flyers. Similar to how Disneyland did the Rocket Rods and Subimarine Voyage; two very different endings to similar stories. 

• Like 1