Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

21 minutes ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

Dreamworld in Australia is getting a flying theater in 2018.

Smaller park than KI, it will be interesting to see how it is at their park.

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/i-ride

Personally, I think a flying theater would be a better fit for Crypt. It would add a greater level of diversity to KI's attraction lineup. You could also have special shows for Haunt and Winterfest. I'm just not sure if CF is willing to take that leap of faith, and if KI's guests would accept such an attraction. *sigh* A coaster is simply a safer bet.

• Like 4

I think the unthemed part of the building is an eyesore and would like to see it dressed up if an attraction were going to be placed in it.  My choice would be flying theator.  I do like the idea listed above to include it with the miami river lumber theme.  Or just remove it so you can build out behind it.  Maybe a modern flume or river battle with a couple of flats like a tilt o whirl and a screamin swing style ride?

• Like 3

I would love to learn how long Kings Island, initially, planned for that building - as well as the ride in it - to last.  It's easy to get lost in a park the size of Kings Island, but that is a massive, multi-million dollar, fully functioning (HVAC, electricity, plumbing, etc.) structure that ended up having a functioning lifespan of roughly a decade.  

• Like 7

I think it would either have to be a dark ride or some sort of water ride. Unfortunately, I don't see the return of Kenton's Cove ever happening. I think another coaster in that spot would be overkill, with The Beast, Diamondback, and Mystic Timbers all in that one spot. So my suggestion would be a dark ride. Perhaps one that is linked to the story of Mystic Timbers and possibly even The Beast. 

However, if the building continues to sit attraction-less save for Haunt, then my suggestion is to liberally place vines and roots to appear as if that gnarly-looking tree has taken over.

• Like 5

I know that it would be near impossible to bring back the original Kentons Cove Keelboat Canal, I just found that picture just to give an idea of a replacement. If at all possible, they could build a flume ride that goes through tunnels inside the building, build a rock structure on the outside using rebar and gunnite (spray concrete), similar to how they built Wonder Mountain at Canada's Wonderland. The closest ride similar to the Arrow Hydro Flumes are the Super Flumes built by Hopkins Rides.

Super Flume video on Hopkins' YouTube page: https://youtu.be/t_59ERvzi4I

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I know that it would be near impossible to bring back the original Kentons Cove Keelboat Canal, I just found that picture just to give an idea of a replacement. If at all possible, they could build a flume ride that goes through tunnels inside the building, build a rock structure on the outside using rebar and gunnite (spray concrete), similar to how they built Wonder Mountain at Canada's Wonderland. The closest ride similar to the Arrow Hydro Flumes are the Super Flumes built by Hopkins Rides.

Super Flume video on Hopkins' YouTube page: https://youtu.be/t_59ERvzi4I

I would love another flume to go in that spot. I miss Kenton's Cove and it's a shame that it was taken down for something that sadly didn't last very long. A flume also fits the Rivertown theme, better than a dark ride. When I made my comment, I wasn't sure if KI would be willing to do another flume and if that's something the public would want. 

• Like 2

I really think that if Hangtime takes off at Knotts, I would like something like Mystery Mine (or just knock the building down completely) with lapbar restraints, but in Infinity coaster form, something very compact and something that can easily have a story to go along with the attraction, either that or a Mack Powersplash (Pulsar), it can be marketed as Kings Island's 17th coaster, a launch coaster, and water ride.

• Like 2

^ the train and WWC are both Rivertown flats

I would make the distinction that they aren't flat rides but instead tracked rides. With that distinction, Rivertown has no flats.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, it appears Tapatalk has logged me into an account I thought I lost. Huh.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ParkMake said:

I would make the distinction that they aren't flat rides but instead tracked rides. With that distinction, Rivertown has no flats.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If we go off what crew runs the ride, Shake Rattle and Roll is consider Rivertown along with Backlot Stunt Coaster.

• Like 2

I think based upon what our GM has said that we will see something there sooner than later.  It is important to note that he was the CFO at the time TRTR was built so he knows how much was spent on that ride.

I think a nice dark ride would be great there and would be something they could keep open thru Winterfest.

• Like 3

Ideas for the Crypt building? Tear it down. And tear down the SOB station and Action FX Theater at this point. If KI isn't going to put these structures to better use than a haunted house for 1 month every season, they need to go. I'd honestly love to see the Blackout building, Slaughterhouse building, and Killmart go too, but I don't see that happening. At the very least, tear down the old rides that are only used for Haunt now. Such a tacky look. And I'm a big Haunt fan.

• Like 7

While I agree that most of those buildings are quite an eye-sore outside of Haunt time, I think it would be better for them to re-purpose those buildings for something during the off-Haunt season or at least put up some theme'd decorations on the buildings to fit the areas that they are in so that they blend in. Unless Cedar Fair has something planned to replace the area those buildings exist then it's cheaper for them to just keep them up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delirium13 said:

I'd honestly love to see the Blackout building, Slaughterhouse building, and Killmart go too, but I don't see that happening.

But a lot of those buildings are, more or less, off the beaten path or hidden in plain sight. Killmart actually still looks like a normal arcade building when its not in use, Slaughterhouse was built behind The Beast so you only really see it when you're either in line for or riding The Beast.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tony acachalla said:

I think they should put in something like electro spin at carowinds, a high level flat ride , there are no flats in rivertown, I’d like them to put in another top spin but I know that’s not happening , but it would be cool to see something like mystery mine .

Welcome to KIC!

13 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

They could move Xtreme Slyflyer to Rivertown and rename it to fit the theme of the area, like Cedar Point did with RipCord, renaming it Professor Delbert's Frontier Fling. Plus, it could open up some space in Action Zone for expansion.

I LOVE Xtreme Skyflyer.  I kinda feel like if it's moved, it would fit nicelly in X-Base, no?  

• Like 1

If KI's next coaster isn't a Giga I'd like to see a Mack launch coaster similar to Blue Fire or Helix. I think you could use the crypt building as a dark ride section exactly like Blue Fire does. Once launched out of the building and shot off into the woods I'd like the ride to be more like Helix. I know I know wishful thinking. But one can dream right?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would Facade the building into a mountain. Extend the building to the edge of the woods. Put three flats in the extended building with exits that allow you to choose between the three rides (ride one or all three) and call it Mystic Mountain. Theme a legend of the mountain to a cohesive theme to include the other rides in Rivertown. My choice of flats would include a Tilt-a-Whirl, Rotor,  and a Matterhorn or Himalaya type ride. I would Leave some extra space to expand the mountain (building) in the future.

• Like 5