Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

In all honesty even though an indoor attraction would be amusing, I just do not see the building as a good for the park. It is a big box in the middle of two world class coasters and to be honest if opened up could make way for a beautiful flat ride location like a sky swing. In the long run the Haunt use is good use during the fall, however it just feels like a blank spot of the park during the spring/summer months that should just be taken out and revitalized. 

• Like 3

I am sure this will sound strange to all the long time park fans that remember it as a ride but I can’t say I really notice the box that much when I pass through the area.   I know it’s there and big and you can’t miss it but my attention is drawn to other things as I don’t really have a connection to it.  

At SFSTL one of the old Skyride stations is now an arcade but you wouldn’t know it if you don’t remember the Skyride.  But I notice it everytime I pass by and get that little gut wrench in my stomach.   

• Like 3

^yeah, when I started going to the park again in 2014, after a hiatus since around '98, I didn't even notice the box really. It took me getting into the boards here and hearing people talking about the former TR:TR/Crypt building for me to actually focus on it.

I guess KI's magic worked for me like in Harry Potter with The Leaky Cauldron and 12 Grimmauld Place. I had to be prompted to see it. It doesn't feel to me to be terribly more obtrusive than any of a number of backstage buildings that have been there forever. 

• Like 4

If they're planning on keeping the building, an in-and-out dark ride similar to Wonder Mountain's Guardian would be a good fit. Whether or not the park wants to overhaul a nearly 2 decade old building is another story. 

Compact dark rides are fun but operation costs are always a huge reason not to invest in them.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think KI will see something similar to Wonder Mountain's Guardian. My only doubt is if they use the Crypt Building at all since you have to physically install track into a current building that was not built for such a ride. I don't know what the procedure was for CW when they installed WMG so I don't know if a Triotech coaster would work or not. 

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, BB1 said:

In all honesty even though an indoor attraction would be amusing, I just do not see the building as a good for the park. It is a big box in the middle of two world class coasters and to be honest if opened up could make way for a beautiful flat ride location like a sky swing. In the long run the Haunt use is good use during the fall, however it just feels like a blank spot of the park during the spring/summer months that should just be taken out and revitalized. 

Maybe could do a bit of both. Tear down the main building and keep the indoor queue for the line. Could put a Screamin' Swing there with the queue winding through a mine and the ride itself outside with a mining tower theme (similar to the Tower of Terror coater shown below).

Image result for tower of terror coaster 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No more roller coasters in Rivertown. One more coaster would be overkill. You need something totally different for Rivertown.

How about relocate Congo Falls to Rivertown and installing part of the ride inside the building. Theme it to an escape type ride like Escape From Pompeii at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, but to fit in with Rivertown. See video below:

https://youtu.be/PLV8DOShhdA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

No more roller coasters in Rivertown. One more coaster would be overkill. You need something totally different for Rivertown.

How about relocate Congo Falls to Rivertown and installing part of the ride inside the building. Theme it to an escape type ride like Escape From Pompeii at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, but to fit in with Rivertown. See video below:

https://youtu.be/PLV8DOShhdA

If they was to move Congo Falls to Rivertown, what would go in Congo Falls place in Action Zone?  A new small roller coaster?  Or a new restaurant to help with the lines more?  Or something else? 

• Like 1

^^Not every space at the park needs to be filled in with a roller coaster. If they do that then we just have another Cedar Point on our hands. Let’s look at what the park really does need instead of what we want. To me they need more flat rides in the adult sections of the park. They’ve taken more flat rides out of there than they did adding. The only ones added in this century was Delirium and WindSeeker. I’m not counting the Crypt/TR:TR since that’s gone now.

• Like 4

Trees would be nice, but that is not really CF’s style.   I like the idea of flats but it takes a lot of them and staff to eat people.   

Octopuss rides like Monster are my earliest memory of rides as a kid and love  them. However, at least the way KI operates them it is just such a ridiculously long wait.  Last season on a rather slow day there was no line and it still took nearly half an hour for Kiefer to load, ride and unload.  

• Like 1