Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

On 2/7/2018 at 9:51 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Out of your idea, I like the indoor Log flume idea. Lift on the outside, go inside to tell a story as you wind around, second lift outside for a spahdown drop.

Sounds like Jurassic Park at Island of Adventure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

D0FD2688-9451-478C-B5E2-4AA888EC8699.jpeg

Don’t know why, but there was orange spray paint on the DBack support closest to the Crypt.

That could potentially have been some form of early season maintenance. The lines seem to be right in line with 2 of the mounting bolts. Potentially could have replaced some mounting hardware on the support. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I saw this ride from Alton Towers and it would have fit the MT theme if KI would have kept the the Crpyt ride and just demolished the building.

Ripsaw.jpg

http://www.quazoo.com/q/Amusement_rides_manufactured_by_HUSS_Park_Attractions

I love KD's Crypt. I could be wrong, but I thought our Crypt was not engineered to be outside?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I love KD's Crypt. I could be wrong, but I thought our Crypt was not engineered to be outside?

Our Crypt was. The problem was that the ride was a show ride, rather than a thrill ride. A show ride is a ride where the cars, or in this case (3 rows of seats) would reach a point and the next show element would commence.  Our version was never built for the 8 inversion cycle KD was. KD’s version was the prototype floorless model, which was only designed for thrills, not show elements.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

D0FD2688-9451-478C-B5E2-4AA888EC8699.jpeg

Don’t know why, but there was orange spray paint on the DBack support closest to the Crypt.

When the park I work at gets inspected by the dept. of agriculture they use orange marking tape to mark off stuff that needs attention (loose bolts, hazards, etc.) I believe that's the case here. I even seen some orange ribbons on Banshee supports.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Maybe make in into some type of indoor coaster themed  to Rivertown somehow?

I think a wild mouse with the car shaped like a mine car would be cool. Have a light on the front. They could have 2 lifts and have some cool drops along with some awesome mouse coaster turns. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I don't know, think Disney's Haunted Mansion. Multiple levels of ride. Could be done, and could be cool. 

Could be done for sure. Just don't think we'll see any attraction going in that spot anytime soon. I see that building coming down sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think a wild mouse with the car shaped like a mine car would be cool. Have a light on the front. They could have 2 lifts and have some cool drops along with some awesome mouse coaster turns. 

What is it was like a run away mine train  with a light on front  to see where you are going. Sorta fits in with southeastern ohio and rivertowns.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 12:08 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My idea is a dark ride themed to a cave tour. It could be called "The Cave of Discovery"

I had just had a brief moment of indoor water ride... something along the likes of Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney. Not necessarily a thrill ride, but a river town kind of ride. 

• Like 2

How about something that ties together the Rivertown coasters?  I loved the RL Stine books about The Beast.  Maybe they could put in a dark ride that would incorporate either the legend about The Beast itself, Mystic Timbers, and even Diamondback.  So many creatures and so much rich storytelling that could take place.  I mean, I realize it's not likely, but a girl can dream, right?

• Like 4

I'm so down for that it's not even funny.  I pass this building on 741 on way to the park.  It SCREAMS Stranger Things.

http://360pharmagroup.com/

Perhaps some experiment went wrong and mutated creatures escaped.  Perhaps they were testing a medication and it got into the ground water and caused the indigenous creatures of the area to change in size and appearance. Oh, the possibilities.

We need to get @McSalsa in on this!!

• Like 4