Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

On 12/26/2018 at 8:49 PM, LondonFreak said:

I LOVE THIS! It could probably even be expanded to include the Banshee and The Bat! I think that Adventure Express could even be tied into this, as like a prototype mine cart to search for The Beast and Diamondback! I could be a whole park story! :D

I like the idea of a coaster, but I feel like Rivertown could use an indoor ride. We lack those at KI!!! There is the Scooby-Doo Haunted Castle (Boo Blasters now?) and Flight of Fear! (Sorry, I use the old names and new ones interchangeably...)

I actually did a 2nd post about this, but I can't find it so I wonder if it was deleted or something. Ehh, oh well- I actually came up with a expansion to this story that included Banshee, etc. Here is a shorter version (I have also made a few tweaks):

RIVERTOWN

Basically a small town where mysterious things are known to happen (like The Beast) so Government agents were sent in to investigate. Diamondback was created when a experiment conducted by them went very wrong (see story above). When the Miami River Lumber Company demolished a old shed and built theirs, even more mysterious stuff began to happen and the company was shut down after only 1 day (Mystic Timbers Storyline). The Agency has shut down the MRLC area, but trespassers continue to sneak onto the property. To add to this, The Beast and Diamondback are still lurking (Diamondback has also been rumored to have been seen near the shed). The Agency has been reported to have been shipping items from the Miami River Lumber Company area to their bases, including...

Action Zone

What appears to be a action film studio is, in fact, merely a front for the Agency. Behind the film studio lies Outpost 5, home of the former Son of Beast containment area. The Outpost also features a Aircraft Carrier. When Son of Beast was captured, he was given growth hormones and many tests were run on him, causing him to become massive, aggressive, and unruly to the point that the Agency eventually had no choice but to kill him. However, shortly after the death of Son of Beast, the spirit known as Banshee appeared and attacked the Outpost, claiming it for herself. Some strange, demonic-looking bats were also been held in Outpost 5 and when Banshee attacked, they were set free and took over the Aircraft carrier (The Bat). Outpost 5 has thus been abandoned, though the movie studio remains in operation (the Agency does need to make money so they make films to get it).

CONEY MALL/X-BASE

This small, family amusement park secretly hides X-Base: the location of the legendary Hangar #18. Rumors say a UFO is stored inside. The base was, until recently, home to a secret test project known as Firehawk. However, the Agency has gotten all the data they needed from this program and it has been retired, possibly to make room for their next big project.

Adventure Express

A 2-track train system, the Adventure Express connects X-Base and the Movie Studio/Outpost 5. Agents would use Track 1 to go from one to the other. However, Track 2 was built through a forbidden temple, causing massive problems, so it has been closed. However, Larry the Operator is sometimes a clutz and accidentally sends trains down Track 2 anyway. Oops! Why he hasn't been fired yet is one of the biggest mysteries of all.

(I don't have storylines for I-Street, Oktoberfest, or Planet Snoopy that can tie those in to the story yet)

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:18 AM, BlondyRidesOn said:

It has always been my belief that Rivertown needs another "river" ride besides White Water Canyon. What if the park built a MACK water coaster on the current site of the building and themed it to the old Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal? They could call it "Keelboat Rampage." The ride can pay homage to other Kings Island attractions, defunct and existing.

You would enter the ride through the old Tomb Raider/ Crypt entrance, with the queue rethemed to an old abandoned boat house located on Kenton's Cove (similar to how Disney themed and decked out Expedition Everest's queue line). The boat house was abandoned due to sudden rapid overgrowth (Mystic Timbers) and sightings of a rampaging monster in the wooded area the boathouse resides in (The Beast). This, however, may require the removal of the old Crypt show building, but it would really enhance the area.

I like the idea of bringing a Mack water coaster to the park. If it worked like Journey to Atlantis does at Sea World Orlando, I think it could be a big hit.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

How about this far fetched idea:  Since the park has been restoring things that have been removed (Wisteria tunnel, antique cars, Scooters, IS reovation, WinterFest, IR, etc)--How about they put in a dark flume ride?  They could theme it after Phantom Theatre, or more appropriately, to the legend of The Beast/Miami River Lumber Co.  The ride could snake inside the building and go outside and maybe follow a similar path to KCKC.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

How about this far fetched idea:  Since the park has been restoring things that have been removed (Wisteria tunnel, antique cars, Scooters, IS reovation, WinterFest, IR, etc)--How about they put in a dark flume ride?  They could theme it after Phantom Theatre, or more appropriately, to the legend of The Beast/Miami River Lumber Co.  The ride could snake inside the building and go outside and maybe follow a similar path to KCKC.

That would be a dream come true. In the old grounds on KKBC. I love that idea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

@Cedar Fair Fanboy the problem with this conversation is that you're trying to present this ride as a kind of end-all be-all kind of ride when there are plenty of other options out there to consider.  

But vekoma madhouses are dark rides.

And also it will have a good collection of dark rides if they have Boo Blaster/FOF/Madhouse/Triotech.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 1:13 AM, BlondyRidesOn said:

I think this would be a cool idea for the Crypt building. 

(I saw this photo on here at one time, but had to do a bit of searching to find it)

replacecrypt.jpg

Sorry to reply to such an old post but what was that massive line for?

Edit: Nevermind I can see that it's Diamondback.

3 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

But vekoma madhouses are dark rides.

And as I said, there are other options to consider.  You can't keep such an intense focus on only wanting to discuss adding this particular ride and expect a decent conversation.  Think outside the box, do some research on other dark ride options- like, you could fit a custom indoor coaster in there as well or a better quality themed flat ride similar to what Tomb Raider was meant to be.  You could also cut holes in the box and thread track through tunnels a la Disaster Transport with a custom tracked dark ride, wild mouse or a spinning coaster, or maybe something like Wonder Mountain's Guardian at Canada's Wonderland.  Maybe a custom Premier Sky Rocket II or a Mack launch coaster with indoor sections and interacts with Diamondback and/or Mystic Timbers. You're limiting your ideas and the conversation by just focusing on the Madhouse concept and not acknowledging other ideas.  

• Like 2

I think something like Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld would be really cool for this spot.  Instead of the Atlantis theme, it could easily be themed along with Rivertown / Mystic Timbers.  Not sure how well it would fit but without looking, I believe it was manufactured by Mack, and I bet they could make good use of the area and the building with an attraction like this.

• Like 3

I think something needs to be done with that place other then Haunt. I would love to see something like Jurassic Park River Adventure!! Theme it to the Mine and have a Diamondback snake chasing you till you "jump from the falls" . Would like it to be a flume though.

• 2 weeks later...