Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

• 2 weeks later...

I would be all for making the height of the last building a little smaller. It doesn't need to be that tall anymore since the crypt isn't in the building anymore. I know it would cost extra money to do that, but you would be able to see more of Diamondback going thru the course instead of a big giant eyesore building.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

With Vortex's land being the biggest elephant in the room for KI, I think the Crypt building will continue to be put on the back burner as it isn't really losing the park any money at this point and functions as a haunt attraction. Sometime this decade I expect it to be touched but I wouldn't hold my breath with Covid-19 pushing any potential projects back. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I think the idea of putting a custom wild mouse inside the Crypt structure is great. They could incorporate an elevator lift instead of a lift hill to save space. They could also reuse old theming and and add some more around the ride itself and be a runaway mine ride! 

• Like 4

On 5/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, SonofBaconator said:

With Vortex's land being the biggest elephant in the room for KI, I think the Crypt building will continue to be put on the back burner as it isn't really losing the park any money at this point and functions as a haunt attraction. Sometime this decade I expect it to be touched but I wouldn't hold my breath with Covid-19 pushing any potential projects back. 

That thing ugly and need to go!  It make Daimondback look bad even though its good!

36 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

That thing ugly and need to go!  It make Daimondback look bad even though its good!

What if it was turned into an observation tower and restaurant to watch the biggest fastest tallest longest meanest metal roller coaster ever to strike Kings Island

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think this building would be good for a large virtual motion ride like Battle for the Eire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  Only instead of riding on the magical Irish fairy creature, you could be riding on the back of The Beast, paws with the broken chains and all, on a mission to take out the Mystic Timbers Creatures.  I think it'd be awesome and perfect for Rivertown

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

I think this building would be good for a large virtual motion ride like Battle for the Eire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  Only instead of riding on the magical Irish fairy creature, you could be riding on the back of The Beast, paws with the broken chains and all, on a mission to take out the Mystic Timbers Creatures.  I think it'd be awesome and perfect for Rivertown

Yea I don't think it will happen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been thinking a lot about the Crypt building recently. Is it an eyesore? Yes. With that said, however, I think demolishing it would have a lot of lost potential.

I think the wild mouse idea wouldn't be bad idea. The Dark Knight coaster keeps coming to mind and KI could easily do something like an abandoned mine shaft like Mystery Mine at Dollywood. I think KI needs more indoor attractions and while wild mouses don't have excellent capacity, it would give us another indoor attraction. Heck you could even have indoor and outdoor sections like Mystery Mine if they wanted. 

The outside could get a wood facade or something to give it that mine shaft look. I don't know the feasibility of building a coaster inside an existing building that was designed for an entirely different ride, but I think tearing the building down without exhausting all other options would be a waste in my opinion.

On a side note, I'd love to see KI get a more immersive dark ride styled coaster in general, whether it be like Mystery Mine or Blazing Fury from Dollywood.

• Like 4

On 8/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Been thinking a lot about the Crypt building recently. Is it an eyesore? Yes. With that said, however, I think demolishing it would have a lot of lost potential.

I think the wild mouse idea wouldn't be bad idea. the Dark Knight coaster keeps coming to mind and KI could easily do something like an abandoned mine shaft like Mystery Mine at Dollywood. I think KI needs more indoor attractions and while wild mouses don't have excellent capacity, it would give us another indoor attraction. Heck you could even have indoor and outdoor sections like Mystery Mine if they wanted. 

The inside could get a wood facade or something to give it that mine shaft look. I don't know the feasibility of building a coaster inside an existing building that was designed for an entirely different ride, but I think tearing the building down without exhausting all other options would be a waste in my opinion.

On a side note, I'd love to see KI get a more immersive dark ride styled coaster in general, whether it be like Mystery Mine or Blazing Fury from Dollywood.

Why not just put a strata coaster inside of it... or even a Trex? talk about potential...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a quick and easy idea that could be done to just make it look better, but I would rather them do this in junction with turning the building into some type of dark ride. Maybe a haunted hotel themed dark ride. I called it Hotel Phantom to pay homage to Phantom Theater:

Link to photo used: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88405801b48c9003%3A0x64f9f426e5e19765!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPT9-R0xB7cCJ62410rLZVnO3MfEEPlH6OQeWmX%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5sKings Island - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMn4GuyolFvNGUzgnx1TMDcV4famhbOvoLZQ0fT&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEr-Pu0ZrvAhXLGs0KHf08CvIQoiowKHoECFoQAw

Crypt building idea.jpg

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 3/5/2021 at 10:02 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a quick and easy idea that could be done to just make it look better, but I would rather them do this in junction with turning the building into some type of dark ride. Maybe a haunted hotel themed dark ride. I called it Hotel Phantom to pay homage to Phantom Theater:

Link to photo used: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88405801b48c9003%3A0x64f9f426e5e19765!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPT9-R0xB7cCJ62410rLZVnO3MfEEPlH6OQeWmX%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5sKings Island - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMn4GuyolFvNGUzgnx1TMDcV4famhbOvoLZQ0fT&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEr-Pu0ZrvAhXLGs0KHf08CvIQoiowKHoECFoQAw

Crypt building idea.jpg

Wow I can visualize it already! They really should do something with it. I do agree with others that because of the money they are sinking into the park for the 50th Anniversary, we can't expect much in 2023. I'm guessing that The Vortex plot is top priority and it will have a new coaster in 2024. Maybe by then they will be ready to address the Crypt Building??? I'm all for Hotel Phantom. Maybe a trackless ride like they have down at Disney and have a tower of terror like theme to it? Or maybe go with themes that tie in Mystic Timbers. Idk. I just like the artist concept right here!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

At this point, just tear it down and use the land for more flat rides. If they were daring, they could go further and relocate or replicate Congo Falls in Rivertown and use that strip of grass to the left of Diamondback. According to Google Earth, Congo Falls takes up about 420ft of linear space which is about the size of that plot of land in Rivertown:

80E0322D-420E-4B22-8A22-485BD87C8B82.jpeg

D737E106-CC39-4F64-B4B1-4911BFE93088.jpeg

Keelboat.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1