Ideas for the Crypt building?

SonofBaconator

It's a shame we are just now getting Adventure Port as the Tomb Raider ride would have fit in a lot better there. Though even then might have put it in Rivertown. Italian Job was a perfect fit thematically for Action Zone and it still went to Coney Mall.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 1:26 PM, SonofBaconator said:

replicate Congo Falls

They could certainly do something a little bit more entertaining than Congo Falls if there is new construction involved. They're definitely not gonna move Congo Falls at this point though. It's far too old and requires complex plumbing to make it work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yes I absolutely loved the Houdini themed Mad House at Six Flags Great Adventure and as far as I know there's only 3 or 4 in the USA so it would be a welcome ride to Kings Island that could have a great story mode to it. I'd like to see the building get a facelift with perhaps a mine/oil rig design but if that's too difficult or expensive at least paint it brown or something other than the "I'm screaming that I don't belong here white" color that it currently is. However, I think the madhouse is a great idea, great ride, and would also be something families can ride (lower height requirements) and is also an indoor ride that can operate in inclement weather and during winterfest! I'm all for it! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

Yes I absolutely loved the Houdini themed Mad House at Six Flags Great Adventure and as far as I know there's only 3 or 4 in the USA so it would be a welcome ride to Kings Island that could have a great story mode to it. I'd like to see the building get a facelift with perhaps a mine/oil rig design but if that's too difficult or expensive at least paint it brown or something other than the "I'm screaming that I don't belong here white" color that it currently is. However, I think the madhouse is a great idea, great ride, and would also be something families can ride (lower height requirements) and is also an indoor ride that can operate in inclement weather and during winterfest! I'm all for it! 

Thanks for the feedback. ^_^

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Another ride idea for here if they kept the building would be Intamin's dynamic motion stage. This would provide another thrilling, yet still family level, indoor ride for the park, that also has plenty of great theming opportunities for it. The biggest question mark for it would be Cedar Fair working with Intamin again but they could always give them another chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purdude86 said:

Another ride idea for here if they kept the building would be Intamin's dynamic motion stage. This would provide another thrilling, yet still family level, indoor ride for the park, that also has plenty of great theming opportunities for it. The biggest question mark for it would be Cedar Fair working with Intamin again but they could always give them another chance.

Not a good idea. Dynamic motion stage (Including Dynamic attraction's version.) Cost way to much money and take longer to build.

• 3 months later...

At this point, I’m wondering if anything will be done. I know it’s been discussed that the building needs to be addressed but it seems like it’s constantly on the back burner because of newer, more pressing projects: Vortex needs to be replaced, Invertigo is likely the next big coaster to go, Soak City and Planet Snoopy both need attention. It’s serving as a haunted house so there’s no reason to outright demolish it when it serves a purpose. It’s too small to put something new in it like DarKoaster. 

I can’t think of a realistic timeline that the building would come into play, unless management gets sick of looking at it and decides to demo in favor of a flat ride and call it a day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

At this point, I’m wondering if anything will be done. I know it’s been discussed that the building needs to be addressed but it seems like it’s constantly on the back burner because of newer, more pressing projects: Vortex needs to be replaced, Invertigo is likely the next big coaster to go, Soak City and Planet Snoopy both need attention. It’s serving as a haunted house so there’s no reason to outright demolish it when it serves a purpose. It’s too small to put something new in it like DarKoaster. 

I can’t think of a realistic timeline that the building would come into play, unless management gets sick of looking at it and decides to demo in favor of a flat ride and call it a day.

I think you are correct. Add Action Zone reno to the list.  It's tired and outdated.

Short of painting the building to blend in, there's not much that can be done to the eyesore, but for after dark, both it and Flight of Fear would be a great canvas for projection mapping. Imagine being in Rivertown in the dark with a story happening, or in area 72 with meteors crashing around you. ( The other side for adventure port could have jungle themes)

• Like 2