Early Rides

Maverick44

12 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So they don't do more then 1 at a time? Sorry I am new to the platinum pass world. CP makes it seem like they have a few rides open for early entry.

It is usually 2 coasters. Last year it was MT and a rotation of another coaster each month. There was also select PS rides open as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

I’d like to see The Beast back on the ERT schedule for 2018...

I'd prefer that it not be on ERT. Beast isn't very good in the morning. It gets much better as the day goes on, especially as you approach and pass sunset. I'd rather wait 45 minutes to ride it after dark than get a walk-on at 9:45 AM. Give the ERT spot to something that's good all day long instead.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I wish X-Base was on morning ERT, at least Flight of Fear (I can see omitting Firehawk due to it being finicky in the morning). 

I thought FOF was on ERT at some point last year. I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

No, I'm pretty sure FoF wasn't on ERT at all since 2016. I can't find what was on ERT before July in 2017 for sure (pretty sure it was Mystic Timbers and Diamondback though), but here's July-October 

IMG_5018.JPG

was that last year ??? or is it for this year 2018??

• Like 1

One weekday morning when FoF was on ERT, it was raining but there were a fair number of people waiting outside the gates before opening. I was certain all the passholders were going to go back and ride it rather than whatever else was on ERT, to get out of the rain. To my surprise, literally no one did, and I got five zen rides, two with a ride op or two joining in, and finally three more with a couple GP on the train because it was after ERT by that point. I rode once per row :) and altogether took around 40 minutes. 

It was great! I love Flight of Fear ERT. 

• Like 6

For those who saw the rides listed, was it a mix that changed by month like last year?

I liked that MT was ERT all season, given the lines it had as the day went on. I also like the month(s) that Dback was ERT since it is right next to MT. Given the Dback lines, I wished that they had MT and DBack as ERT every month. The coasters are right next to each other and both get longer and longer lines on the nice weather/crowded days. For me, the months with Banshee and MT weren't very doable. We'd almost always hit MT before 10am then just wait and ride Banshee later in the day. 

• Like 1

It was Mystic Timbers for every month with the addition of 

Banshee/Bat/Delirium (I think)/select rides in Planet Snoopy

Diamondback/Select rides in Planet Snoopy. 

Also Soak City access to Tidal Wave Bay, Tropical Plunge and Pipeline Paradise.

**EDIT** As of 10:56 am the link worked again.

Edited by chugh43
Adding to post
  • Like 2