General Questions about Kings Island

jimbo t

9 minutes ago, gtncaa said:

I've never been to one of these; what's the crowd like?

Depends. '15 and '16 the park was like a ghost town. The Beast at night was a walk on. 2017, however, was a totally different story. The park was more crowded than any Saturday I've been there. The only ride I rode was Mystic Timbers after a four-and-a-half hour wait. The rest of the night was me walking through the park trying to find a ride that didn't have an hour-plus line (in other words: none of them).

• Like 1

So much of preview night also depends on weather.  Spring in Cincinnati can be a bit of a wild card.  I mean, we had a couple inches of snow on the first day of spring this year, and they are calling for 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow here in Cincinnati.  Normal high temperature this time of year is 55 degrees.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Depends. '15 and '16 the park was like a ghost town. The Beast at night was a walk on. 2017, however, was a totally different story. The park was more crowded than any Saturday I've been there. The only ride I rode was Mystic Timbers after a four-and-a-half hour wait. The rest of the night was me walking through the park trying to find a ride that didn't have an hour-plus line (in other words: none of them).

To expand on this, in '15 and '16 the preview night was restricted to passholders who renewed a previous year's pass during the previous year's fall sale. In '17 and now '18, the preview night is now open to all Gold and Platinum passholders, including new purchases and renewals after the end of the fall season. Also, in '17, you had Mystic Timbers giving its first public rides that night, whereas you only had Woodstock Gliders in '15 and nothing the next year ('16 was a waterpark expansion, which didn't open until a month later). In '18 we have basically nothing new, aside from what is apparently a new restaurant in Coney Mall.

So '15 and '16 had much more limited admission and less of a draw, then in '17 you had a much larger audience and a huge new ride drawing people from everywhere. This year will be in between, with the same audience as '17 and the same draw as '16. Therefore, I would expect preview night this year to be noticeably busier than '15 and '16, but significantly less so than '17. Of course, the greatest variable is the weather, which we haven't the slightest clue on at this point.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kifan91 said:

I’ve been wondering how likely are we to see Planet Snoopy rethmed to camp snoopy Carowdins just changed there’s to camp snoopy 

I like KI, just thinks it needs a signature dark ride w snoopy, a couple more flats, its nice not to be just the same. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...