Proposed coaster to come to Canada's Wonderland

Here are two different sections of Sheikra under construction. One section just after cresting the lift hill that shows a more narrow track section. And another (more wider) section down in the tunnel so I don't know.  

CW's coaster track under the tarp looks more like the narrower first crest track on Sheikra. I know the gauge cannot differentiate, but is it possible that B&M Dive track spines vary in width depending on a specific track section and/or passenger train width?

Pic Source: Reddit

sh262a.jpg

Paul Weigel.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to amend my guess.  Given the amount of space, I think this has a slim chance to be a launched floorless coaster.  Also because their only launch coaster at the moment is a Backlot clone. 

Honestly I'm surprised Cedar Fair would allow one of CP's sister parks to break their records so soon. I mean it's not totally out of left field with Fury, but it's still surprising.

Then again, I doubt people in Toronto are going to care about a coaster in Sandusky, and vice versa. So build away!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So it appears CW has posted their announcement date for 2019. So that means other CF parks should be sending out their dates soon. Will Kings Island have an announcement? Stay Tuned.

88d24a4903624ee1a42e25462b0ffe68.jpg

Source: Twitter @DavePhillips_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a very nice addition to Canada`s Wonderland.  I like how the lift is so close to Windseeker.  And how it interacts with Vortex (the suspended coaster like The Bat), and goes over their Congo Falls ride.  

Gives me another reason to get up to Canada`s Wonderland.  I still need to get down to Carowinds to ride Fury 325 too.

• Like 4

While I have never even been close to Canada's Wonderland, and the only dive coaster I have ever been on is Valravn, I'll say from the video of this ride: it looks fun, and it has a few elements like the old school loop that make it different from other dive coasters. Canada's Wonderland is a park that needs more good roller coasters (since the reviews on most of them are mixed, at best) and this ride looks like it will help that category come next year. It is probably gonna be a smash hit with the public, if Valravn's popularity at Cedar Point is any indication.

So let me get this straight, is this actually a  world record breaking coaster being built at Wonderland. As in tallest and fastest DIVE coaster, 246 foot drop, with a speed of 80 mph

if this is the case, it’s a first for wonderland in getting a record breaker.