My dream KI expansion . . It's only a dream

rlentless

An expansion that included the Little Miami River.  I understand concerns of the costs and logistics like running utilities, plus possible flooding to the area . . not sure how often that area floods.  And I certainly do not want a dead area like back near 'The Bat'.

So it would need an anchor coaster . . how about a Giga running along the river and through the woods.  I envision a Dollywood like theming with games, shows, food and a flat or two . . maybe bring back a nostalgic ride.  I see attractions like a zipline, new logflume or some other water ride.

I know we have a "Rivertown" but since we lost The Beast and Swan Lakes, where's the water?  The 'Diamondback' lake just looks too man-made looking, but I think it would be cool to have a boardwalk close enough to get soaked when the trains run by.  We really do not see the ‘Whitewater Canyon’ water from the midway.

Just my dream . . an expansion like that would probably cost as much as the Giga coaster itself.

• Like 5

I had that same dream, but that river back there aint great.  I canoed it and it was neat to hear the coasters off in the distance, but there really isn't anything special there.  Also, Lebanon dumps something from it's waste water treatment facility into it not too far upriver.  Other municipalities may do this too.  I know Mason's wastewater plant is only a few miles up Mason-Morrow-Milgrove road so that may dump in there too.  The river can sometimes carry an odor.  I've noticed it from the monkey bar on occasion.  Additionally, rivers can be dangerous, even a mild one like the Little Miami.  You expect it to be placid, but sometimes it is deceptively forceful sometimes.  This creates a dangerous situation, especially for kids.  That river is so far from a good business plan for Kings Island I don't see them going anywhere near it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pez said:

I had that same dream, but that river back there aint great.  I canoed it and it was neat to hear the coasters off in the distance, but there really isn't anything special there.  Also, Lebanon dumps something from it's waste water treatment facility into it not too far upriver.  Other municipalities may do this too.  I know Mason's wastewater plant is only a few miles up Mason-Morrow-Milgrove road so that may dump in there too.  The river can sometimes carry an odor.  I've noticed it from the monkey bar on occasion.  Additionally, rivers can be dangerous, even a mild one like the Little Miami.  You expect it to be placid, but sometimes it is deceptively forceful sometimes.  This creates a dangerous situation, especially for kids.  That river is so far from a good business plan for Kings Island I don't see them going anywhere near it.  

Did you go through a canoe livery? If so what one, I'd love to canoe that and hear the coasters.

• Like 2

No livery.  I bought some inflatable kayaks and life vests.  That time I started at Rogers park in South Lebanon and went to a the Carl Rahe landing just south of Kings Island along 3C.   It's about 6 miles.  I think Morgans in Morrow is the nearest livery upstream.  I don't know if they have any pickup points south of Kings Island.  The only ones I've seen are in Morrow, and another just south of Stubbs Mill.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

When you set off from Rogers park. How did you get back to your car after? I want to do this so bad haha to hear coaster roaring would be amazing but I may get sad I am not in the park lol

The wife dropped of and picked up.

• Like 1