Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

Wait...this is the internet right...there was a disagreement...in a forum?  And then...apologies and moving on?  What strange voodoo magic is this??! 

:P 

I'm bummed that the 80's shop is gone.  I loved that Ms. Pac man game...and who wants to build overpriced teddy bears while in an awesome amusement park?

Very happy to hear instrumental music is back.  KI deserves better than pop trash blaring upon it's entrance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OTTER9919 said:

How’s everyone liking the 2018 season so far

I plan on going with my husband and three kiddos this Sunday! I assume the crowds will be pretty light Sunday...but....I guess you never know! 

32 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

We had a blast last weekend!  First year with the all season dining, and our youngest is now over 54 inches.  Going back tomorrow morning!!!

I am pretty sure my 8 year old is 52 inches - he's been dying to ride Banshee!! Fingers crossed. We'll be going on Sunday for the first time since Winterfest!! It's also our first year with all season dining.

• Like 2

Something that really annoys me...the photo of the Intamin Flight Trainer at Coney BBQ isn’t of Flight Commander. It’s of Skyhawk at CGA. That specific photo was pretty widely distributed in newspapers after Flight Commander’s opening and the accident...but does Kings Island really not have any photos of Flight Commander?

• Like 1

**** ing idiots.

Edit:  The riders, not the ops.  But I do wish security would do something about this.  A good smackdown a couple of times (banning, charges, something) would spread quickly and MAYBE remove this idiocracy or at least lessen it.  :wub:

Edited by Gannersdaddy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gannersdaddy said:

**** ing idiots.

Edit:  The riders, not the ops.  But I do wish security would do something about this.  A good smackdown a couple of times (banning, charges, something) would spread quickly and MAYBE remove this idiocracy or at least lessen it.  :wub:

If they did what KK did, life would be better.

• Like 1

malem and I witnessed The Beast crew stopping the train at the base of the lift to get riders to store their phones away.  However, unless KI goes full SIX and goes nothing at all on riders, some are going to find cracks in the system.  Just look at all the illegal POV's on YouTube for evidence of that.

Disclaimer- I'm not advocating for people to use cameras on rides and I'm fully against it unless someone has the park's permission and does so in a safe matter therein, I'm just mentioning them as an example of people being stupid.    

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 4:03 AM, Imperial79 said:

After hearing about Rivertown adding its own music compared to the pop music that was there,  anyone think they will keep this up and add more themed music to another area of the park? 

We now have what,  International Street music back,  Planet Snoopy own,  Rivertown country music,  I read in Coney Mall,  The Racer has its own music so that's nice.  

I was thinking the same thing? Perhaps all of Coney or Oktoberfest will be next?

Well, yes. It's a misdemeanor in Ohio. Unsure about other states. 

Correct, to quote Ohio Revised Code Chapter 1711.551, “[Rider must] Refrain from behaving or acting in any manner that may cause injury or contribute to injuring himself or other people while occupying an amusement ride” and also “Heed all written warnings and directions that require a person to meet certain conditions or to refrain from certain actions regarding an amusement ride, as determined by rule by the director of agriculture”. So technically bringing your phone out on a ride is breaking two laws as well as breaking park rules. You could get kicked out of the park or worse, prosecuted for the crime you committed. Don’t be stupid. Keep your phone restrained when you ride any ride at Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually, if we a see a phone out, when they come back into the station, we ask them to delete what they took. Mystic Shed has a camera so we can usually tell when someone recording so we always ask them to delete the picture or video right infront of us. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cdeq said:

Usually, if we a see a phone out, when they come back into the station, we ask them to delete what they took. Mystic Shed has a camera so we can usually tell when someone recording so we always ask them to delete the picture or video right infront of us. 

Other than deleting the video, what else can be done / are you allowed to do?

The darn thing about Mystic is I think it is a better ride in the back, and the not adrenaline rush of dodging a phone or camera.

• Like 1