Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

13 hours ago, Quirkster said:

I really am not sure with the weather. It looks indeed Monday/Tuesday it is the kind of weather where isolated PM showers could pop up, hopefully nothing long lasting. I hear Wednesday though it could be more scattered. 

I'd probably would go if I was set for Mon/Tue instead of Tue/Wed. I could change the hotel date, there are some definitely rooms still available. 

I find weather predictions to be so off, up until an hour before is forecasted. Saturday at my house, it was supposed to storm literally all afternoon, it sprinkled on me as I was driving into town for a few things. 

When I visited the park on 5/5, I will have to say, I had a blast and it rained off and on. It's all about your tolerable levels with weather. If you aren't comfortable with the forecast, then I'd hold off. If you are okay with the possibility of getting wet and/or rides going down for weather if it's severe enough, then go have fun. Only you know what you are comfortable with.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Interesting.  Just saw this.  I did not realize they did this.

What.jpg

How do you get to this? I'm not seeing it on the website and probably just not looking in the right place. I live in Indy (with gold pass) but we will take friends and family on a couple of occasions. I would be interested in the pricing.

• Like 1

I was extremely excited for the Indy combo deal! 

My wife and I were initially talking about going and had a couple possible days picked out. Then I found out one of those days would be free for me as a paramedic. Then we discovered the Indy deal but they were all sold out at Kroger. Then I saw that it was available online! I wasn't thrilled about the extra 5.99 in processing fee, but it's still an incredible deal with parking and drinks included! We threw on an all-day meal plan that we'll share and can't wait to go Wednesday.

Now if the weather would cooperate...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kikid74 said:

How do you get to this? I'm not seeing it on the website and probably just not looking in the right place. I live in Indy (with gold pass) but we will take friends and family on a couple of occasions. I would be interested in the pricing.

Here it is.  I found it by accident the first time.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/daily-tickets

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kikid74 said:

It seems like Columbus residents are getting a discount as well. This post I made  to CN shows the rather nice discount.

• Like 1

It's nice to see that the offers online now match what's advertised locally. It is indeed IP based; I only see Everybody Pays Kids Price on the homepage and on the daily tickets page if I'm connecting from a Columbus IP address.

The only problem with IP geolocation is that it's not particularly accurate for mobile connections. Indeed, I don't see any regional offers when I load the Kings Island site on my phone.

• Like 2

^ The Everyone Pays Kids Price offer is the same as at Columbus-area Kroger stores, yes.

Tickets at Kroger don't come with the convenience of online ordering, which customers (for better or for worse) expect to pay for these days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malem said:

It's nice to see that the offers online now match what's advertised locally. It is indeed IP based; I only see Everybody Pays Kids Price on the homepage and on the daily tickets page if I'm connecting from a Columbus IP address.

The only problem with IP geolocation is that it's not particularly accurate for mobile connections. Indeed, I don't see any regional offers when I load the Kings Island site on my phone.

To add to Malem’s final paragraph, I’m getting that offer a few miles from Cincy. I’m not doing anything to alter my GPS coordinates on my phone.

• Like 1

I was so concerned about rain, did nothing (though it looked borderline during the 1 o clock hour). I certainly was able to do everything in one day. I sorta see the tradeoff going this time of year more, I got to ride the rides a ton but no shows for me to just sit back and relax and enjoy. 

One more day, I am now hoping it sorta rains for a period so at least I'll get a break from the sun and I get ride to coasters as water rides. My skin being from the northern side of the state is not ready for this heat yet. 

I like Mystic Timbers, The Beast, Banshee, Backlot Stunt Coaster. Drop Tower. But to no surprise for me I like Diamondback the best. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Quirkster said:

I was so concerned about rain, did nothing (though it looked borderline during the 1 o clock hour). I certainly was able to do everything in one day. I sorta see the tradeoff going this time of year more, I got to ride the rides a ton but no shows for me to just sit back and relax and enjoy. 

One more day, I am now hoping it sorta rains for a period so at least I'll get a break from the sun and I get ride to coasters as water rides. My skin being from the northern side of the state is not ready for this heat yet. 

I like Mystic Timbers, The Beast, Banshee, Backlot Stunt Coaster. Drop Tower. But to no surprise for me I like Diamondback the best. 

Diamond back never gets old. Especially on the back

• Like 3

Well I dumbly lost my platinum pass, I think I put it in my unsecured pocket and lost it on Banshee. I bought it up to guest services and the lost and found but I am doubtful I could get it back before I had home. Thankfully my pass is saved to my Kings Island and Cedar Point app. 

Well I guess I learned a lesson cause I will probably have to pay for a replacement card when I get back to Cedar Point. 

The park was DEAD today! Vortex's trains were never more than half full and WindSeeker flew with no more than ten guests in tow (when it wasn't too windy of course :rolleyes: ). I even got to ride Vortex a few times during the last hour and I had a train to myself as we were sending out empty trains every few cycles!!

Going off of today's experience, DO COME ON A WEEKDAY!!!! And make sure you don't buy Fast Lane. Yes, we saw several guests with Fast Lane at Vortex today. I felt bad for them.

• Like 2

^

Today did look like it was super dead (via webcams, Diamondback was a walk-on all day). I agree 100% in feeling bad for anyone who wasted money buying Fast Lane, unless they bought the $500 all-season Fast Lane, in which case they will have more chances to get their money's worth out of it, especially if they plan to visit on days like Saturdays in Late June-Early August and on Haunt Saturdays (in which case, if you were planning to visit multiple times on those kind of days, the $500 FLP is easily worth it).

• Like 2

I was there from 6-8pm last night.  I saw empty trains on every ride.  It was amazing.  This was probably because of a few things, school was in.  It was overcast.  North of Kings Island there were severe Thunder Storms.  I'm hoping to get another week day visit while school is in.

Here at the park, got two early rides on Mystic and then walked over to The Bat for an early ride. For a 25 year old coaster it's still a fun ride for me. If money were no option I think themeing the queue to entering a batcave, with stalagtites hanging from the top would be cool. Alas I know not to be.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

The park was DEAD today! Vortex's trains were never more than half full and WindSeeker flew with no more than ten guests in tow (when it wasn't too windy of course :rolleyes: ). I even got to ride Vortex a few times during the last hour and I had a train to myself as we were sending out empty trains every few cycles!!

Going off of today's experience, DO COME ON A WEEKDAY!!!! And make sure you don't buy Fast Lane. Yes, we saw several guests with Fast Lane at Vortex today. I felt bad for them.

I was their Saturday and Vortex was a walk on,  my wife said we look like dummies taking the Fast Lane because people may think we bought a daily fastlane..

Shorter walk to get on though 

• Like 2

Today wasn't too crowded. I was able to get 10 rides in roughly 2 hours. Almost all the rides were walk ons, so I decided to take the extra few minutes and wait for the front seat on all of the coasters today. Combined with the breezy weather, it was the perfect feeling. 

• Like 3

Today, like yesterday, was dead! I would love to be a guest on one of these days! We again saw Vortex's trains no more than half full, and I saw no more than nine people riding WindSeeker. Sometimes we sent cycles with only two aboard!

Also, I got a surprise during the last hour. I started off driving Vortex as usual when one of my fellow drivers came to take my spot and told me to go to WindSeeker. So I went over...and I got drive trained!!

I will now remember May 16, 2018 as much as I remember July 29, 2017 (when I became Vortex's newest driver!).

-BFF, WindSeeker's newest driver!

• Like 5