Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

1 hour ago, KImom said:

How insane are crowds on Memorial Day? I never thought to go before but we have some commitments Saturday/Sunday and I'd really like to get a visit in over the weekend! 

It's nuts on Memorial Day Monday each year.  Our church brings the youth group and has been going on that day as long as I can remember.  Lots of other churches do too. There will be a lot of Pentecostals there that day, one of them being me. ;)

14 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

It's nuts on Memorial Day Monday each year.  Our church brings the youth group and has been going on that day as long as I can remember.  Lots of other churches do too. There will be a lot of Pentecostals there that day, one of them being me. ;)

I am sure the answer is no but any chance if you filled all three Vortex trains with your groups you might be able to invoke some divine healing?   It would be for a good cause.  :D

I am sure the answer is no but any chance if you filled all three Vortex trains with your groups you might be able to invoke some divine healing?   It would be for a good cause.  

Have your people talk to my people. I’m sure we can work something out! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

On May 21, 2018 at 11:38 PM, MDMC01 said:

Speaking of "Racer Radio"... 

When i rode last Thursday, it seemed like Racer's station music kept switching between the classic stuff and newer, non-70s music.

Is it possible these songs have been added to Racer Radio?

16 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Anyone remember how the Tuesday after memorial day usually is?

My guess: lightly crowded, but not as dead as weekdays this week and last week have been, since a lot of kids will then be out of school for the summer.

As always, crowd sizes are heavily dependent on weather, which cannot be forecast to the needed level of precision this far in advance, no matter what AccuWeather tries to tell you. Wait to check the weather until Sunday, or even Monday if you can wait that long.

Rode The Beast today. It stopped at the top of the lift hill. A voice came on saying they were "restarting" it. This is a first for me, but my cousin said it happened to him last week. Could anyone elaborate on why they had to do this?

On The Beast the speed up the first hill is determined by the location of the train in front of you.  It goes slowly until the train clears the second lift hill then it speeds up.  If it goes quick from the start then the train took a long time in the station, and the train already cleared the second lift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what was going on with Banshee today around 4 or 5? We were on Diamondback and looked over and it looked like the train was stopped on the lift hill and there was a person standing on the stairs. Then we kept noticing it was still running but the trains were missing people. 

12 hours ago, Sara said:

Does anyone know what was going on with Banshee today around 4 or 5? We were on Diamondback and looked over and it looked like the train was stopped on the lift hill and there was a person standing on the stairs. Then we kept noticing it was still running but the trains were missing people. 

More than likely the coaster stopped due to the sensors detecting a potential issue. That is what we want the ride to do when that happens. They were probably there for a bit so maintenance can verify the potential issues are gone or cleared to get it back running again. That can take several minutes.

• Like 4

So are those new Diamondback seats exactly the same as the old ones? Good lord, I rode the back seat tonight and got racked really bad at some point. Didn’t really notice it until we were on the brake run.  Stumbled over the Coke stand and took it took me a good 20 minutes to recover. It was a little after 9 at that point so just decided to head home.  

Then  the massive potholes and crap on 71 knocked my tailpipe loose as we got closer to Cbus.   Fortunately I was easily able to snake it out from the undercarriage after pulling over at a BP.  The pipe is only 3 years old and given the looks of it’s condition I obviously got some crap pipe, but sections of that road are a POS right now.  

Not my best trip to KI :(

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, MaestroFanatic said:

So, today on Beast, probably around 8-9, they were sending train 1 around empty for a while, occasionally slowly letting it out of the station. Any clue what that would have been?

Yes, the attendants at the entrance to the row airgates were too slow in moving people through the line. While I was in the station, the attendant got distracted and everyone just came through.