Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

11 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

So are those new Diamondback seats exactly the same as the old ones? Good lord, I rode the back seat tonight and got racked really bad at some point. Didn’t really notice it until we were on the brake run.  Stumbled over the Coke stand and took it took me a good 20 minutes to recover. It was a little after 9 at that point so just decided to head home.  

Then  the massive potholes and crap on 71 knocked my tailpipe loose as we got closer to Cbus.   Fortunately I was easily able to snake it out from the undercarriage after pulling over at a BP.  The pipe is only 3 years old and given the looks of it’s condition I obviously got some crap pipe, but sections of that road are a POS right now.  

Not my best trip to KI :(

Just noticed this today. No visible change

20180526_102028.jpg

Diamondback-Car.jpg

9 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Just rode fronthe of Vortex (taking my aspirin now) and I have to say this. @VortexBFForever was driving and she is the smilingist operator I have seen all day. Can't tell if she is enjoying it or laughing at the rideas.  LOL:lol: 

I was genuinely enjoying it!!

How was your ride on Vortex?? :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dragsterguy21 said:

Man, riding Mystic Timbers before and after Steel Vengeance is so much different. Feels like a family coaster now not a thrilling woodie. 

Well being Cedar Point is every two years for me and Kings Island is 40 times a year, I can't say I'm happy to hear that :/   I do believe you though

We plan to go to canada's wonderland next year, but nothing but positive reviews for SV.. So may just have to do Cedar Point

19 hours ago, dragsterguy21 said:

Man, riding Mystic Timbers before and after Steel Vengeance is so much different. Feels like a family coaster now not a thrilling woodie. 

Have to agree with you there. We went last week even though we did ride it during passholder preview night, but that was only one ride, so we had to go back. It blows every other coaster I've ridden away. But with that being said, I honestly feel that KI is the better park, friendlier staff and just an all around better vibe. CP has always been my favorite for their coasters and I grew up in Detroit and went every year, but now I'm in Kentucky and KI is much closer and has stolen .y heart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Apparently they’re now playing park is closed over PA systems, according to passholders FB group. Did anyone else hear that?

Perhaps someone forgot to switch the computer from spring mode (8pm close on Sundays) to summer mode (10pm close)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Concrete has been filled in on FC line area.

Werent there rails here last year?E31880F9-F7EF-40B2-A9DB-C22CD3C97BF7.jpegCA7BAF26-8698-40E2-B7A0-D12608A31DBE.jpeg

In case anyone is confused, this is the old Flight Commander queue.  I am having a hard time saying for certain the work is recent.  Anyone take photos of the area last year to compare?

Hey all, I was at the waterpark yesterday and noticed there were some different procedures for the drop slides at Tropical Plunge. First, no earrings/stubs/piercings are allowed an ride and must be removed/left in a locker or with a non-rider. Second, once you get up there, they give you a thumbs up (to check if you still want to ride) once in the capsule. Don't know if this second thing was different, but yesterday was the first time I've noticed it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, harmony29 said:

Have to agree with you there. We went last week even though we did ride it during passholder preview night, but that was only one ride, so we had to go back. It blows every other coaster I've ridden away. But with that being said, I honestly feel that KI is the better park, friendlier staff and just an all around better vibe. CP has always been my favorite for their coasters and I grew up in Detroit and went every year, but now I'm in Kentucky and KI is much closer and has stolen .y heart.

I grew up 15 minutes from KI and went there for many years. My father got his job transferred to Cleveland. I think Cedar Point is a way more enjoyable experience. You don’t have to deal with the annoying middle school gangs, and the people are a lot less self entitled I guess you can say (besides Fast Lane). The food is better at KI, but Cedar Point has gotten a lot better the last few years. As long as you don’t go on a saturday, you can pretty much get everything done. I don’t even care about riding much just because Steel Vengeance is so much better than any ride in the park. I try to get at least 2 rides a trip. I usually get 3 and I have 13 rides on it in 5 trips. I used to like KI better, but now it just seems like child’s play compared to Cedar Point. 

On 5/27/2018 at 11:49 PM, Kenban said:

In case anyone is confused, this is the old Flight Commander queue.  I am having a hard time saying for certain the work is recent.  Anyone take photos of the area last year to compare?

Yes i remember them being there a few years ago or so 

21 hours ago, dragsterguy21 said:

I grew up 15 minutes from KI and went there for many years. My father got his job transferred to Cleveland. I think Cedar Point is a way more enjoyable experience. You don’t have to deal with the annoying middle school gangs, and the people are a lot less self entitled I guess you can say (besides Fast Lane). The food is better at KI, but Cedar Point has gotten a lot better the last few years. As long as you don’t go on a saturday, you can pretty much get everything done. I don’t even care about riding much just because Steel Vengeance is so much better than any ride in the park. I try to get at least 2 rides a trip. I usually get 3 and I have 13 rides on it in 5 trips. I used to like KI better, but now it just seems like child’s play compared to Cedar Point. 

For me I was very disappointed with the attitude of a lot of the staff due to my limitations and using the ride pass system. The rides are better but I cannot just ride SV over and over, it's too much on my hip. I love their other rides and go to experience everything not just one ride. We went on a Tues and Wed and still did not get on everything we wanted, but I have to take things slower than most, I can't power walk and go nonstop. The addition of Ms Keets has led me to like their food better, but there was hardly anything open to try besides that. KI in my opinion just has nicer staff, I had an issue at CP w a higher up very well known employee and it just disappointed me greatly. If you are a die hard ride enthusiast yes, CP is probably the better park, but for me even though I am a huge ride person, I just prefer KI and they have my favorite coaster of all time, imo you cannot best The Beast.

Perhaps someone forgot to switch the computer from spring mode (8pm close on Sundays) to summer mode (10pm close)?

We went up Sunday evening and arrived right when that message was being played - my kids flipped out and almost started to tear up lol I assured them it was a mistake, which it was. But I thought it was kind of funny, there were a lot of people looking confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed that there are a ton of people abusing the handicap ride pass program? Yesterday there was a teen in front of us, she explained that she couldn't stand because she had sandals with a strap around her ankle and had caught it standing in line for a ride, they actually have her a pass, I was stunned and if I hadn't seen it I would not have believed it.

10 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

My Rivertown Freestyle lucky streak didn’t end this past Friday.   Not sure about WindSeeker as we never made it back that far.  

F5733A30-C53B-4D9D-8136-8C51F4A49F24.jpeg

Ha!  That is me sitting on the left in the Star Wars shirt.  I honestly thought about taking a pic to post here to show that it was closed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone go to Soak City this weekend and how were the operations? Were all the attractions open?

Reports are Cedar Point Shores had major staffing issues with both rivers, the bucket complex and lily pad all closed.   That is a major chunk of an already limited water park.