Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

12 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I see KD is removing their Tornado Slide.   Knotts took theirs out and the one removed from Wildwater Kingdom has not shown up anywhere.   It looks like KI and MA have the only two left in the chain.  I wonder how long before KI retires our tornado? 

WWK's is being relocated to Camelbeach waterpark in the Poconos.

• Like 1

Interesting development tonight during ert. Went to get on DB at 11:45 and it was closed. Op at the entry said that the ride had to be closed up by 12 so the line had to be shut off early. He said the city of Mason called and told them to have it shut down by 12.

I was bummed not to get one more ride but there is always next time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I arrived around 6:30pm and had time for quite a few rides before ERT. Pretty light crowds considering how nice of a day it was; my longest wait was about 10 minutes for Mystic Timbers. I skipped Flight of Fear because it had a bit of a line.

4 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Interesting development tonight during ert. Went to get on DB at 11:45 and it was closed. Op at the entry said that the ride had to be closed up by 12 so the line had to be shut off early. He said the city of Mason called and told them to have it shut down by 12.

I was bummed not to get one more ride but there is always next time.

Lets hope this is temporary, as Haunt the park is open until 1 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

I thought about that. Haunt is on the weekends so maybe because last night was a weekday it was different, only time will tell.

It's a weekday thing.  This has happened in the past for employee ride nights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Would the people who live close the the park not be immune to the park noises? Calling on @XGatorHead 8904

Should the people who decide to live close to the park not expect the park to be running coasters at any time of the day? 

Not that this matters.... I live 5 miles away, and hear the fireworks nightly.  They let me know that I'm up past my bed time.  Being old sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Would the people who live close the the park not be immune to the park noises? Calling on @XGatorHead 8904

Should the people who decide to live close to the park not expect the park to be running coasters at any time of the day? 

I think there is a distinct difference in 10PM on a weeknight and running past midnight.  But, yes, you live next to an amusement park, it's going to make noise.  That was a choice you made when you bought the house.

• Like 5

Kings Island does a number of Gold and Platinum passholder events throughout the season. They're updated on the park's website and social media channels. We usually post about them on the forum and the KIC Twitter & Facebook pages as well. To participate, just show your gold or platinum pass at the event.

The ride events remaining this season are:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malem said:

Kings Island does a number of Gold and Platinum passholder events throughout the season. They're updated on the park's website and social media channels. We usually post about them on the forum and the KIC Twitter & Facebook pages as well. To participate, just show your gold or platinum pass at the event.

The ride events remaining this season are:

Shouldn't that third bullet say August 1?

• Like 1

Went to the 50's diner across Vortex over the weekend.  Had the pig pen burger without hot dogs and I eneded up pulling the chicken tenders off but the burger was good and the onion rings were awesome.  This place has the best food in the park.  I do wish the inside was laid out a little differently though.

• Like 2

I haven't eaten at Juke Box Diner in a long time! (and yet I work across from there, lol) I never got to try the Pig Pen burger but I'm glad to hear it was really good!

Also, I hope everyone who visited yesterday fared well in the heat. My crewmates and I survived :P, WindSeeker was unfazed by the heat, and Vortex did fairly well outside of a little hiccup that closed it for a couple hours. :)

I'm heading back out into the heat today, as I work a close! (and I work all day tomorrow) Hooray for working outside -- sunscreen, water and shade (and AC!) are my very best friends right now.

• Like 1

Went to the 50's diner across Vortex over the weekend.  Had the pig pen burger without hot dogs and I eneded up pulling the chicken tenders off but the burger was good and the onion rings were awesome.  This place has the best food in the park.  I do wish the inside was laid out a little differently though.

You must have received a better one then mine. The onion rings were burnt, the burger was the old lunchroom patty, the chicken was over cooked and the hot dog I didn’t attempt. Besides this instance I’ve been happy with food this year. Definitely improved since last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/15/2018 at 10:43 AM, Cmhornblessed said:

I am sure that KI and CF are not interested in making enemies out of the city of Mason so I am sure there is a give and take.

The city makes a fortune off Kings Island. Dont hote the hand that feeds you.