Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Kings Island open till 10 tonight? I know the website says 10, but I've been on sundays when it says that and it closed at 8.. thinking of heading if open till 10

8pm closes are only in the "shoulder seasons" (spring and late summer), when schools are in session and attendance and staffing are low. In the main summer season, closing time is always 10pm, except occasionally midnight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Anybody going to be running around KI today? A good friend of mine and I are going to be out there today because our wives got us the day off work and got us tickets for Father’s Day. 

I would suggest you not run at the park, but @malem speed is acceptable. Then you can say you are "Maleming" it around the park. 

• Haha 4

Two bad things happened to us a the park yesterday.

One - At Panda Express everyone in your group has to be present to use the meal plan.  So, now when my wife gets my son his pizza, I have to wait in line at Panda and then she has wait in line at Panda as well instead of me just waiting in line in getting both meals.

Two - Some kid line jumped at the Skyline on IE street.  I complained as did the person standing in front of me to the person working the register.  The employee served the line jumper anyway.

Two bad things happened to us a the park yesterday.
One - At Panda Express everyone in your group has to be present to use the meal plan.  So, now when my wife gets my son his pizza, I have to wait in line at Panda and then she has wait in line at Panda as well instead of me just waiting in line in getting both meals.
Two - Some kid line jumped at the Skyline on IE street.  I complained as did the person standing in front of me to the person working the register.  The employee served the line jumper anyway.
The same thing happened to us at Panda Saturday night. I have used my wife's meal plan 30+ times this year and this was the first time they ever insisted on her being present in the line. VERY inconvenient for families! They could be worried about stolen passes but if it was scanned at the gate it should not matter imo.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I asked for the manager and he let me get the food but insured she be in the line next time. It seems like with this move they are trying to tick off their most loyal customers, not smart!!! It will be interesting to see if this is park wide or just Panda.

That is park policy.  I emailed GS last year over the arguement here on sharing Dinning Plan meals and their reply was the person has to be there to pick up the food and after that they could care less what you do with it.   

Agree it is kind of a pain especially with small children as they aren’t always the best behaved in food lines.  It usually isn’t a problem if the family is eating at the same stand but can be an issue at something like Festhaus. 

I would email GS and express your displeasure over the situation and suggest a policy change at Festhaus for exeactly this situation.  

• Like 1

I have mulled the policy around in my head and can’t really come up with a good justification for it.  If the dinning plan isn’t activated until the pass is scanned at the gate then the plan holder is there, so what is the big deal?   The only abuse I can really think of is if Mom or Dad drops the kids off at the park and scans in and leaves their pass with the kids so they then have extra meals.  Seems a like an rather unlikely scenario. Park the car, walk all the way to the entrance, go through security and the gate just to turn around and leave?  Maybe there are others my devious mind hasn’t thought of yet?

Stolen passes also come to mind!

Stopped in guest services and they said that last year they had alot of stolen passes so this year your picture pops up and must match or you can't use it.

They must just now be getting around to emphasising it, at least at panda anyway.

That subject has come up before and at least policy wise you can’t have more than one meal plan per pass.  But we all know that several people have reported up to three drink plans have mistakenly been on some people’s pass likely due to a software glitch.  But I think it would be good policy if at a mimimum a parent can get gets the child’s meal while someone else corrals them at a table.  I personally have never been questioned when getting my kid’s food, but I am starting to switch them over to handling it all themselves.  

^ yeah I personally apparently have two drink plans on my pass. I only bought one, and don't know exactly how it happened, but I've had different employees tell me there are two on there often enough at this point that I have to believe it isn't them who are mistaken. 

I haven't used more than one in a 15 minute period and don't intend to, but I also haven't taken it to customer service because I worry something will get actually broken by any attempt to "fix" it. 

It is a shame that multiple dining plans /can't/ be put on a pass, because especially with children, it makes sense. I believe that it is possible to purchase multiple drink plans to put on a single pass, that it isn't only glitches that can make it happen. 

• Like 2

I understand the need for the pass holder to be in the gate, but requiring them to be in the food line is a big burden on families...

Example,

My kids want la Rosa, adults want panda...

I won't send my young kids on their own, so one adult goes with them, the other adult goes to panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I agree, there needs to be a way to share our a way to link passes within families.

Went to Panda again today and used my wife's pass to get meal and nothing at all was said. She was near by so she could come up if needed but nothing was said. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

Last Fall my husband ended up w 5 drink plans on his pass and I had 3. We definitely didn't pay for 8 but just appeared 

As for the dining I was always under the impression that the person on the pass had to order the food. I can see where that could be a hassle for families.

10 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have mulled the policy around in my head and can’t really come up with a good justification for it.  If the dinning plan isn’t activated until the pass is scanned at the gate then the plan holder is there, so what is the big deal?   The only abuse I can really think of is if Mom or Dad drops the kids off at the park and scans in and leaves their pass with the kids so they then have extra meals.  Seems a like an rather unlikely scenario. Park the car, walk all the way to the entrance, go through security and the gate just to turn around and leave?  Maybe there are others my devious mind hasn’t thought of yet?

There are other devious ways the park is aware of but I will not share the ones I am aware of as it would probably create copycat situations making it worse...and their pass computer system has been discussed elsewhere within this forum and the needs for updating that could correct many of these issues being discussed...

The picture popping up for the cashier has been there for years but most cashiers just selected that the picture matched the guest...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Stopped in guest services and they said that last year they had alot of stolen passes so this year your picture pops up and must match or you can't use it.

Having personal info like this come up when your pass is scanned (I use mine for the discount; I don't have the dining plan) explains why my name was printed on my order at Jukebox ^_^

Yeah, Having more than 1 dining plan or drink plan can't be done. I wanted to add a drink plan for my daughter on my pass. No can do, it was not possible I was told. I did proclaim that I had 4 on my pass last year (only paid for one) so I know it is possible to have more than one (in some way.) I also wanted to get a drink plan for my son who did not have a pass yet at the time. They would not take my money for again I was told it could not be done. Now that he does have a gold pass, I am not adding the drink plan since they would not take my money when I wanted to give it to them.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a great time for my friend and I. (He apparently hadn't been to KI prior to yesterday). One thing that I noticed though, for some odd reason, Firehawk made me sick. I've been riding coasters and rides since I was very little and have never had any form of motion sickness from a ride ever, but when we rode Firehawk, I started feeling nausea coming on, and it hung with me for the rest of the day. Am I alone on this one, or is there anyone else that can ride anything, but gets sick from Firehawk?  

17 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yeah, Having more than 1 dining plan or drink plan can't be done. I wanted to add a drink plan for my daughter on my pass. No can do, it was not possible I was told. I did proclaim that I had 4 on my pass last year (only paid for one) so I know it is possible to have more than one (in some way.) I also wanted to get a drink plan for my son who did not have a pass yet at the time. They would not take my money for again I was told it could not be done. Now that he does have a gold pass, I am not adding the drink plan since they would not take my money when I wanted to give it to them.

I know someone at another CF park that bought two season passe just so that he could have two meal plans in his name/picture - yep they will sell you two passes.  And for another reason....

29 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I know someone at another CF park that bought two season passe just so that he could have two meal plans in his name/picture - yep they will sell you two passes.  And for another reason....

There is a KI regular that often buys the daily meal plan in addition to his season long meal plan.  

Just a fun fact.

57 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Hmmmm...just in the last few posts it has been said by numerous people that they have something they did not pay for.  I hope these multiple drink plans are not being counted as revenue to the SEC.  That could be very bad.

Something happened early in the season last year for sure. I started the day out with 1, then it multiplied to 4 by the end of the day. After a few drink refills they would say you have 2, then the next time 3, then stopped at 4. I wondered if it was something the cashier was doing when I got a drink which made it multiply. After that visit last season they would ask me if I wanted to use my other refills too,  so they never disappeared.