Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

1 hour ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Anybody know what happened to D back. I know rides go down all the time, but tonight there is/was a train stuck on the mcbr.

Don't know why it happened, but I do know that one of my friends on Facebook was all excited that she got to walk down the stairs.

• Like 1

The extreme heat may have been to blame for some of the issues yesterday. All the rides (except BLSC, which was down for several hours) were operating most of the day.

One lucky train of riders disembarked from the brake run of Mystic Timbers, walking back to the station via the shed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arrow said:

Vortex got stuck in the station today. Anybody know what happened?

Coasters get stuck places all the time. Not to make that a bad thing - it's just a normal part of operations. Really nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jdawg1998 said:

Coasters get stuck places all the time. Not to make that a bad thing - it's just a normal part of operations. Really nothing to worry about.

Yes, I know that, I was just wondering what caused it.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, lifetimecoaster said:

Yesterday was a great time for my friend and I. (He apparently hadn't been to KI prior to yesterday). One thing that I noticed though, for some odd reason, Firehawk made me sick. I've been riding coasters and rides since I was very little and have never had any form of motion sickness from a ride ever, but when we rode Firehawk, I started feeling nausea coming on, and it hung with me for the rest of the day. Am I alone on this one, or is there anyone else that can ride anything, but gets sick from Firehawk?  

I've realized that any coasters that bang you around-esp. your head-get me a bit rattled. The effect is multiplied if I haven't had enough to eat. In bad cases, it will linger all day and I won't feel like riding much more. Maybe my worse experience of this was a day that started with Invertigo...but Firehawk has done it as well. I stay away from both. It really happens whenever I ride too much too fast. A nice greasy breakfast and 2 alleves seems to numb things up so that it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

I have been told a couple of times at KI this year I have two drink plans on my pass. All three of us purchased drink plans.  Well today at a FreeStyle here at CP the associate told me my pass has two, Ryans has three and Kiefers has one but has option to be converted to Souvenir Cup for free.  So I have been testing it out. (Never getting more than three cups at a time so not cheating CF in any way)  Several times I have gotten 2 cups with my pass.  It turns out Ryan can get only get two cups not three.  Weird.   But all the the half dozen times I have done this the employees don’t bat an eye and it seems perfectly acceptable to them.   

Now I would never really get more than 1 flavored drink in 15 minutes as I would want water in between.  Will be interesting to actually try this at KI.  Again never actually getting more than three at a time. Scouts Honor.   Who knows maybe this is a temporary glitch. I did have to replace Kiefers pass today because he lost it at KI the other week. (They didn’t charge me).  The sales associate also ended up replacing my pass because she messed something up a supervisor had to fix.   But Ryan’s was not touched.   

To bad that meal plans don’t have the same glitch.  :lol:

• Like 3

Here’s the thing that kills me.  At 958 we were waiting to watch fireworks.   People were saying they weren’t going to happen. I went to guest services to ask and they had no idea why.  As we were walking out at 1004, no announcement had been made and there were still hundreds of people sitting and waiting.   Whoever made the official call should have to go tell everyone waiting that the show was cancelled.   Extremely poor handling with no communication tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Here’s the thing that kills me.  At 958 we were waiting to watch fireworks.   People were saying they weren’t going to happen. I went to guest services to ask and they had no idea why.  As we were walking out at 1004, no announcement had been made and there were still hundreds of people sitting and waiting.   Whoever made the official call should have to go tell everyone waiting that the show was cancelled.   Extremely poor handling with no communication tonight.

Did guest services at least know that the show was not happening or did they too think the fireworks were still on for the night?

From some of the stuff I've been reading tonight, this ordeal could could be on account of pretty much anything. Not making any guesses, but with all things considered, it's slightly concerning that we haven't gotten an official response yet.

Then again, it could be nothing.

• Like 1