Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

4 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Ill be very anxious to see if the park opens today.  I know that haven’t announced it, but after witnessing the amazing lack of communication last night, it wouldn’t surprise me...

the park should open i dont see why not. if it was something big there was nothing on the news this morning 

7 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

the park should open i dont see why not. if it was something big there was nothing on the news this morning 

And I'm sure they will.  I was simply stating that the lack of communication to guests was baffling.  The did not even announce that fireworks weren't happening.  They just let all of their guests sit out on the ground like normal, waiting and waiting....  Last night was a HUGE step backward in guest relations.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

And I'm sure they will.  I was simply stating that the lack of communication to guests was baffling.  The did not even announce that fireworks weren't happening.  They just let all of their guests sit out on the ground like normal, waiting and waiting....  Last night was a HUGE step backward in guest relations.

ahh well thats not nice of them 

6 hours ago, Jiddle said:

The link to the web cams are still gone from the official site, but it does say the park opens at 10am?

im not sure whats wrong with the webcams maybe they are doing some construction work? hmmm something to think about 

1 minute ago, Fye Coasters said:

the webcams are still there go to google and search for ki webcams and click the link they are still there and they will be open today, dback's trains are in the station 

I see that they are.  So they will be opening today.  But the lack of the link from Kings Island's webpage does show that the link was deliberately taken down last night.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

I can understand the frustration, but from what I am hearing on here and elsewhere, it was an emergency situation.  Getting guests out of the park safely is the number 1 priority.  It also sounds like this all happened very quickly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I can understand the frustration, but from what I am hearing on here and elsewhere, it was an emergency situation.  Getting guests out of the park safely is the number 1 priority.  It also sounds like this all happened very quickly.

do you know what happened 

5 hours ago, teenageninja said:

if not all good 

2 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

the webcams are still there go to google and search for ki webcams and click the link they are still there and they will be open today, dback's trains are in the station 

I can assure you the webcams were down and were not available in a Google search - it was coincidental that you found them as they were brought back online...

• Like 2

I had a pretty great visit last Friday from 9:30-1ish. It was very easy to store my stuff in a locker 3 different times throughout the day when I needed to and also inexpensive ($6). I gave away my locker with the code to people when it had 60-90 minutes left on it since people seem to be really appreciative of that!

First stop was Mystic Timbers since it was right there and I was hoping to get a front seat ride, but I wasn't given my request for the front. No biggie, I settled for row 2 and it's still just an all around really fun ride. The line was growing so I headed over to Diamondback.

The Diamondback crew was on a serious roll and I was able to get 4 rides in less than 30 minutes, hitting all my favorites (row 2, 4, 6, 10). As always a really re-rideable coaster that delivers floater air every time. 

I was feeling brave and decided to try Beast in the very back for the first time in....a long time haha. Typically I just wait for the front but I wanted to see how it is back there. Yeah, I was immediately regretting the decision on the first left turn and right turn coming out of the dip, but it settled in once we hit he second tunnel. It's no where close to the roughness that was consistent in the mid 2000's, but it wasn't as comfortable as the front seat. 

The line was barely stretching out of the "front to the left, back to the right" sign (so like, 5 minutes?) yet there was an enthusiast who was so bothered by a school/youth group waiting on the left side and blocking the right side that he had to loudly get their attention and tell them to pick a side so he could go through to the right/back side. Seriously guy? 

I took my time walking around the park, looked for the giga in X Base with no luck. I did find lots of printed out microsoft paint sketches, though. 

Banshee had the longest line in the park, shockingly! It was about 15 minutes, good for Banshee. Once in the front, once in the back. This invert is just so different than the others with how massive the elements are. It really sustains the positive G's. 

A few more rides and MT, Diamondback, a blue ice cream cone and I was satisfied. The blue ice cream really has its hooks in me now, that stuff is fantastic. But no more Banshee blue/purple ice cream! When did they stop serving that? Too bad.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mustbeaweasley said:

Anybody in the park and able to tell me if their Build a Bear is open?

It is open and a looooooooong line. I was told by someone that BaB HQ notified all their stores to close all lines since they were being overrun at all their locations. 

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

It is open and a looooooooong line. I was told by someone that BaB HQ notified all their stores to close all lines since they were being overrun at all their locations. 

Anyone who thought this wasn't going to be a disaster is an idiot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Sounds like McDonalds Schezwan Sauce all over again. 

Looks can be deceiving.   I bet there are a ton of parents that have promised their kids they will go back and buy them one at full price.  

Mind you i went both times and never got any Szechuan Sauce. The BaB situation was a fiasco and I am kind of surprised that the KI location actually participated in the event itself. 

• Like 1

I was at the park today, and wondered what was going on...I asked an associate to find out what the commotion was.  Took a pic of the line with the turnstiles they had set up!

IMG_1251.jpg

• Like 4

^It was still packed when I left at 8.

Today, I went to lean on the wooden fence on the side of the White Water Canyon pathway to watch Mystic Timbers. As soon as I did I felt something wet on my elbow. My elbow went into a melted bow of blue ice scream on top of the post. My elbow turned completely blue. The most disgusting thing I've ever dipped my elbow in (which doesnt say much:D).

• Haha 3