Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

Looks like we are going to KI Sunday and will be meeting some friends there.  Probably starting the day at SC but we have to rollover Michelle’s pass from last year  at GS and SPP first.  I have taken the train to SC before but never walked the path.  I assume this is the path or is it a different route?

CA7E8889-6250-4DA3-9D41-A7DD49C2E04C.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Looks like we are going to KI Sunday and will be meeting some friends there.  Probably starting the day at SC but we have to rollover Michelle’s pass from last year  at GS and SPP first.  I have taken the train to SC before but never walked the path.  I assume this is the path or is it a different route?

You got it.  When you smell the barnyard, you are close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That is the correct path. But, maybe you could get some exclusive ERT at the train station Freestyle. I bet your concierge, Dennis, can make that happen.

CA7E8889-6250-4DA3-9D41-A7DD49C2E04C.thumb.jpeg.0f8e6f3ca0d0d48710bde5f7cdfabefd.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

The path also does not take as long to walk as it looks.  I like it better sometimes than waiting on the train, especially when they are only running one of the trains.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

The path also does not take as long to walk as it looks.  I like it better sometimes than waiting on the train, especially when they are only running one of the trains.

Looks to be even a little shorter than Coney Mall.  I usually drive between the two becuase we need to change socks and shoes and stuff in the car anyway but tomorrow is going to be different because we need to start at the main gate and will also be with a group of six kids and I don’t think any of them have been to KI.  

My wife and the other Mom are probably going to plant themselves in SC especially since my wife can’t really ride anything yet after her shoulder surgery.  Hopefully some of the kids decide to stay in SC or go off on their own.  Dealing with my two and one other the most I have done.  Six?  Wish me luck.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 9:33 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

^ Good luck.  Maybe if you're really lucky the park will have the Rivertown Freestyle location open for you.

Nope.  Food service must have been tipped off I was coming.  But I was asked about 5 or 6 times if I want “both” cups when I went for a refill.  :lol:  We also got a clarification on Kiefers drink plan.  Apparently his second drink plan has not been “redeemed” yet so he as asked several times if he wanted to redeem it.   He told me about this later and said he kept saying no and then asked me what “redeem” means.  :D  I guess we should go ahead and redeem his second plan to get these hosts off his back. :blink:

So two of the kids in our group were visiting from KC so are WoF patrons.   The boy about 13 is a real enthusiast and knew tons of stuff about all the coasters at KI.  Even enough that he had no interest in riding Vortex and was rather indifferent about Invertigo and ended up skipping it after he and Kiefer both had a protein spill after The Bat.   We had been hitting the coasters pretty hard with the only non coaster ride  WWC for a cooloff.  It was really muggy today but bearable except when the sun broke through.  It was really funny becuase not 10 minutes latter those two boys were famished and both chowed down at Panda. 

Mom is trying to rope us into going along to CP on a Friday.   You don’t have to twist my arm to hard for that the only problem being they don’t have CPS tickets and my boys are not very thrilled about that.  

• Like 4

Cross threading just a bit here.  I am enjoying reading the Adventure Express history thread.  So many details lost to time.  Maybe we should start a thread as a new attraction opens to give specific details about it.  Like with Mystic Timbers, all the little details.  It would be good to record history has it happens.

• Like 2

I'm loving the attention that has been given to Tower Gardens. It's beautiful this year! And I love to just listen to the music, smell the smells, feel the feels, and just look. I noticed something new to me today. See photos below. 0bfb5816ec553a0ab40f55079c73a25f.jpg97c0ff9174a76550247af40f947b44da.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Have heard some of the ride ops refer to the rusty/orange train as the chicken tender train. Now all my kids call it that all the time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I will still call it the Butterscotch train (its original nickname), but I have also heard it called “chicken tender,” as well as “Mac & cheese”! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm loving the attention that has been given to Tower Gardens. It's beautiful this year! And I love to just listen to the music, smell the smells, feel the feels, and just look. I noticed something new to me today. See photos below. 0bfb5816ec553a0ab40f55079c73a25f.jpg97c0ff9174a76550247af40f947b44da.jpg

Wow... crickets. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a chance that is actually a hint towards a 2019 attraction.  Teaser posters have started to appear at Cedar Point.  What is interesting is that they are for other parks in the chain.  Several are obvious like Canada’s Wonderland.  

There is a teaser which references Mason so it should be for Kings Island.  It says Bonifield Barrell Co., Oak Strong and Iron Bound, Since ‘93, Mason - Sandusky.  Barrels for all occasions.

I wish I had a photo to share but I cannot find one, the YouTube video I saw it in says it came from the CPFoodBlog.  But I cannot find that specific poster on their website/Facebook/Twitter  etc.  Here is the video, if you skip to about 9:30 in the video you can see the poster in question.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 10:02 PM, Cmhornblessed said:

On our last two trips MT was only a two train operation. Do we think this is based on demand or perhaps is there something wrong with the chicken tender train?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I noticed that as well.  I thought maybe the 3rd train went into early winter mode since Mystic is open nearly all year round now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenban said:

It says Bonifield Barrell Co., Oak Strong and Iron Bound, Since ‘93, Mason - Sandusky.  Barrels for all occasions.

Bonifeld? '93? Mason? On a teaser poster?

I'm officially old. This old gun can't top that. It's a bit... extreme. Or maybe not extreme enough?

Is this what it feels like to be The Interpreter?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I noticed that as well.  I thought maybe the 3rd train went into early winter mode since Mystic is open nearly all year round now.

Last time I rode the orange train, I was about 2/3 of the way toward the rear.  It was rough. like a bad wheel bearing or something.

It's been about a month...