Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

On 5/13/2018 at 2:49 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

Interesting.  Just saw this.  I did not realize they did this.

What.jpg

This ticket deal popped up on my phone. I live in Columbus, Ohio. Looks like I can add it to cart and buy this. Will they let me in if I don't live in Indianapolis?

In at least a couple places around the park (former Dinos Alive/ current smoking section, beside Coney Freestyle) there are pumpkin plants. I thought that they looked like pumpkin leaves from a failed attempt to grow my own pumpkins when I was a young teen. So I had been watching them to see what developed, and indeed there are little pumpkins growing! So darn cute! 

IMG_1630.JPG

I don't know why it is so exciting for me to see crop plants as part of the KI landscape, maybe growing up in Ohio made me a farm girl at heart (if not in reality). A couple years ago, there were green peppers, tomatoes, and more suspected pumpkins back by the WindSeeker restrooms. The plants were removed and replaced before pumpkins actually grew that year, unfortunately.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, scione said:

This ticket deal popped up on my phone. I live in Columbus, Ohio. Looks like I can add it to cart and buy this. Will they let me in if I don't live in Indianapolis?

what was the price ??  I never get any deals and I live in ky

So, it's been a great day thus far: Started with Mystic ERT, marathoned Flight of Fear (5 times), and I've run into familiar faces throughout the day. Also got stuck on Delirium (platform wouldn't come up at the end of the ride), which was pretty awesome. I enjoyed it, but some other kid (sounded like a tween/teen) was freaking out and his parents were relishing every moment lol. Currently in Festhaus to watch the country show and meeting up with Liz soon. #KIbestday

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out that adults are allowed to wear costumes to the park on Sundays this year:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/september/daytime-halloween-fun-for-the-kids-begins-this-weekend-at-kings-island

Adults are permitted to wear costumes on Sundays during The Great Pumpkin Fest operating dates. The guidelines are as follows: 

• Costumes must be family friendly
  • Costumes cannot be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent in nature
    • Obscene language or graphics are not allowed
    • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment are not allowed
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground
  • Capes are allowed, but the length cannot pass the waist
  • No masks
    • For guests 13 and under, masks are okay as long as they do not cover the entire face and the eyes are visible
  • Hats and other headwear are okay, as long as they do not cover the face
  • No weapons
  • No sharp or pointed objects, or materials that could accidentally strike other guests
  • Nothing overtly gory (the same guideline that applies to the park décor items)
  • Layered costumes, or costumes that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged
  • Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times

Kings Island reserves the right to deny admission to, or remove, any person wearing attire that is inappropriate or could detract from the experience of other guests.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

Just wanted to point out that adults are allowed to wear costumes to the park on Sundays this year:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/september/daytime-halloween-fun-for-the-kids-begins-this-weekend-at-kings-island

That’s great news!

That being said, don’t be surprised if you see me donning a Toothless costume on one of the Sundays I visit as a guest. :P 

• Like 5

I had the worst experience that I can ever recall on The Beast on Sunday afternoon. I sat in 1-3, so it’s my fault for being on a wheel seat. But the jackhammering and general roughness was nearly unbearable. I couldn’t wait for the ride to end. I haven’t felt that way since GASM at SFoG last summer.

I woke up with a nasty bruise on my elbow this morning and I can tell you exactly when it happened. And after as many laps as I have on that ride, being unfamiliar with the layout wasn’t the issue. I can generally ride comfortably because of how familiar I am with the ride. It was more than I could handle this Sunda. Has anybody else felt this recently?

It pains me to say this because of my love for the ride, but that was as disappointing a ride I have ever had on The  Beast.

56 minutes ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

I had the worst experience that I can ever recall on The Beast on Sunday afternoon. I sat in 1-3, so it’s my fault for being on a wheel seat. But the jackhammering and general roughness was nearly unbearable. I couldn’t wait for the ride to end. I haven’t felt that way since GASM at SFoG last summer.

I woke up with a nasty bruise on my elbow this morning and I can tell you exactly when it happened. And after as many laps as I have on that ride, being unfamiliar with the layout wasn’t the issue. I can generally ride comfortably because of how familiar I am with the ride. It was more than I could handle this Sunda. Has anybody else felt this recently?

It pains me to say this because of min love for the ride, but that was as disappointing a ride I have ever had on The  Beast.

I rode in row 16 Sunday and didn't notice any difference from normal. 

It pains me to say this because of min love for the ride, but that was as disappointing a ride I have ever had on The  Beast.
I also ride 3-1 on Sunday with my son next to me for his first ride on The Beast ever. I felt like it was more uncomfortable than usual. I noticed some jackhammering also. My wife rode in the row behind us and was so uncomfortable she said that would be her last ride on The Beast. I heard some others getting off the ride saying similar things.
I hope it was the particular train and that off season refurb will help.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

This kind of stuff usually doesn't bother me, but setting up the Christmas tree in front of the entrance is annoying. Really ruins the vibe and makes the Haunt setup basically blocked from sight.

Totally agree.  We were walking in and.....yeah.... :(

• Like 2

I am trying to remember, when did they start setting up that tree last year?

It was up prior to the end of haunt last year.
I think last year, people liked it, as it signified a new addition... Winterfest.

For the same reason, I'm fine with it starting to be set up early.

Also note that the haunted entrance gate started to be set up at the entrance prior to the haunt starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, bloop said:

Here now. People stuck in the Firehawk seats on exit I believe. They closed the ride. Does this happen often? 

What do you mean "on exit"?

Rides have issues multiple times a years. Some more than others. Firehawk is one that has a lot for several reasons. One being theres a lot more parts to it than other coasters.