Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

1 hour ago, JAHill said:

Did the statue actors under the Tower stuff ever get figured out?

I saw them this weekend but can't find anything concrete to explain it. Was it just a performance piece or what?

Not really sure what you're talking about.

It is used as a photo op for guests. This is its second year.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:37 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

Does anyone know what this was all about?

Surprisingly for a Sunday, we found these costumed performers under the Eiffel Tower. They were dressed, as far as I can tell, as bronze statues of the Wicked Witch and a Flying Monkey from Wizard of Oz. They were standing like statues with their backs to the majority of the crowds. When people tried to speak with them they did not respond aside from moving their eyes. 

IMG_5264.JPG

There were no professional photos or video being taken (which I originally thought would make a little sense). They didn't have any non-costumed employees as handlers so far as I could see, as I would have expected. And it was sooooo hot, I was boiling in shorts and a t-shirt, so I can only imagine how bad it was in full body costume and either full face paint (the witch) or full face/head mask (the flying monkey).

I just really don't understand why they would send out costumed characters to a semi-obscure location where they aren't even interacting with guests, on a Sunday, without support staff, on a ridiculously hot day. Did these two performers anger someone and this is their punishment?

Another oddity is that I don't recall seeing any similar characters (either "statues" or Wizard of Oz) during actual Haunt nights, at least not since the statues of Cemetery Drive a few years ago when International Street was a scare zone. 

@JubJester

^ See quoted post, this is what I'm referring to.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:17 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

^this year in particular. The tropical smoothie stand was open more often than not when I went by this summer. I don’t think I saw the Coke freestyle in the train station open more than 20 times out of 70 visits. 

I’m pretty sure PI is run by a third party this year (Midwest Beverage) the same is true for the burger place in Planet Snoopy, and the drink/snack stand closest to ET

5 hours ago, JAHill said:

That's a bizarre explanation considering the lack of signage or any mazes/scarezones that fit the context of their costumes.

But alrighty then.

Plus the fact that they have them in that structure that is so close to the tower...and not even facing outwards?! With the supposed budget cuts, paying 2 people to stand there and not move or talk doesn't make sense...why not just have mannequins?

3 hours ago, standbyme said:

Plus the fact that they have them in that structure that is so close to the tower...and not even facing outwards?! With the supposed budget cuts, paying 2 people to stand there and not move or talk doesn't make sense...why not just have mannequins?

Plus, why advertise for an event that’s already over? They were supposedly observed out there this weekend. 

The witch and the monkey were there all three days. But I only saw one at a time, never together. Might be a troll move, might be a tease or it might just be a witch and a monkey. The only possible reference I could see is that Coney Island used to have a Land of Oz, and another CF park (WOF?) has some costumed Oz characters.

Plus, why advertise for an event that’s already over? They were supposedly observed out there this weekend. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk