Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

A few other things I've noticed about this season-

- Flight of Fear is running with an annoying vibration, at least near the back of the train

- The ride ops are spieling less, even on KI&MVRR

- Food service is quite good for this early in the season all around

- more things working on Boo Blasters (though our guns weren't working very well)

- Beast is suspending operations for fireworks around 25 minutes before they start now

- Ride ops are doing a lot more small talk when checking restraints, in a good way

- Watch the fireworks from International Street at least once this season, its such a great show, can't wait to see if they include the OTC band

This season looks to be one of the best yet.  There's a lot of potential for something special, especially for a year without a real new major attraction like a Banshee or Mystic Timbers.   There's a lot of good energy at the park. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, silver2005 said:

A few other things I've noticed about this season-

- Flight of Fear is running with an annoying vibration, at least near the back of the train

- The ride ops are spieling less, even on KI&MVRR

- Food service is quite good for this early in the season all around

- more things working on Boo Blasters (though our guns weren't working very well)

- Beast is suspending operations for fireworks around 25 minutes before they start now

- Ride ops are doing a lot more small talk when checking restraints, in a good way

- Watch the fireworks from International Street at least once this season, its such a great show, can't wait to see if they include the OTC band

This season looks to be one of the best yet.  There's a lot of potential for something special, especially for a year without a real new major attraction like a Banshee or Mystic Timbers.   There's a lot of good energy at the park. 

My wife and I were making a comment about this last night.  On every trip (4) we have made this season, all the workers just seem a bit friendlier and chatty this year.  Maybe because it is early in the season, but it makes the experience that much better.  This is truly starting out as out #KIBestSeason

• Like 6

To add to the above comment, the Firehawk greeter(s) have been exceptional; the past 2 times I've been to Firehawk were interesting for different reasons (Opening Day it was down for like 45 minutes and last Saturday I had to wait for the lockers to open so I could ride) and they;ve handled it like pros. I enjoyed talking to the two greeters the ride I love and appreciate them trying to make the best of unfortunate circumstances such as these (such as giving updates on the situation as necessary and suggesting guests can go ride Flight of Fear while waiting). 

In summery, thanks to the Firehawk greeters for making pre-flight delays run smoothly! B)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

My wife and I were making a comment about this last night.  On every trip (4) we have made this season, all the workers just seem a bit friendlier and chatty this year.  Maybe because it is early in the season, but it makes the experience that much better.  This is truly starting out as out #KIBestSeason

Last week was awful with ops not letting you wait for front when the park was not busy and stapling me on The Beast.  

Last night was better as they were more friendly.

1 minute ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Hey anyone know what the name of that ice cream place on International street is called? They're famous for the black raspberry chocolate chip ice cream if that helps any. I tried them on opening weekend for the first time in my life and loved them!

Graeter’s

• Like 3

I think overall the park looks very “tidy”. A lot of cleanup in the off season. Surprised to see so much of the lighting elements left up from winterfest but not in use like the lights in Planet Snoopy. Wish they were using those with maybe geometric patterns or something to brighten the area. I love that they’re using the lights on international for fireworks but wished they spent some time hiding wires better. It wast bad for winterfest when it was almost dark when park opened but in the full daylight look a little “obvious”. Just hope Winterfest doesn’t suffer with all of the lighting left out year round like starlight spectacular did. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, silver2005 said:

They are also a major ice cream chain outside the park, though pretty exclusive to the Cincinnati area.

Yeah a half gallon here in Kentucky is $14.99, I get my fix at the park. We tried the yogurt place Sat, my husband and 8 both really watched how much we took, this teen behind is, hers was huge and it came to $16, there's no way I would ever pay that lol.

• Like 2

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with ride staff this year.  We did our first ride of the season Fri on Drop Tower and it was taking a little longer to load and the ride ops people were extremely friendly. On beast that day we were loaded when it shut down for a minor tech problem. They asked us if it would be ok to get out which of course we said yes. They were worried about me waiting since I was utilizing the ride pass, I told them it was really no problem. It did take a little bit so i sat on the ride platform and one of the girls came up just to check and see if I was ok, that meant a lot and I really give all the ride ops a big hand this year, they are doing fantastic.

• Like 5

@MDMC01 pointed out to me today some new things are happening in Snoopy's Barnyard in preparation for this year's petting zoo.

I'm pretty excited about this structure where the pond was last year, it seems to me it is tailor-made as a playground for baby goats:

IMG_8694.JPG

its a little hard to tell, but that bridge goes from a corral on the left over to a small platform suspended from chains that I imagine goats using as a swing.

Over on the other side, beyond the exit path, there was this construction that I was unable to decipher

IMG_8691.JPGIMG_8692.JPG

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kifan91 said:

Gravity is now listed on the website.

"Prepare to be mesmerized by the acrobatic performances in an all-new show guests of all ages will enjoy, "Gravity", featuring an incredible showcase of strength, balance and athleticism."

Sure tells us a lot. Exact same description as the other Cirque shows over the past four years, down to the exact wording. B)

• Haha 4