Jump to content
JubJester

Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Yep, I think you are getting old.   Unless Beavis and Butthead, The Simpson’s and South Park got your panties in a bunch 25 years ago.  Then it’s just you.   

It’s  Rick and Morty.   The fanbase is so large is can throw McDonald’s Corporate in a into a tizzy.  My kids watch it and so do 97% of college students. 

Fine, I get off your darn lawn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Yep, I think you are getting old.   Unless Beavis and Butthead, The Simpson’s and South Park got your panties in a bunch 25 years ago.  Then it’s just you.   

It’s  Rick and Morty.   The fanbase is so large is can throw McDonald’s Corporate in a into a tizzy.  My kids watch it and so do 97% of college students. 

Fine, I get off your darn lawn.  

Loved Beavis and Butthead, still watch South Park and Simpsons on the regular.  I'll have to check ye olde trusty interweb and see about this Rick and Morty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did! Thankfully, I was in Festhaus when the storm hit, but I left like 30 minutes afterwards. Before the storm, I did The Bat, Drop Zone, Congo Falls (it was really hot at this point in the day, around 12 or so...), Mystic Timbers, Train and Adventure Express, saw Harlem Globetrotters and Real Live Humans twice each (was that you, @harmony29 that I saw on stage at the 1 PM Globetrotters show?) ate at Coney BBQ, and still managed to fit in some Pokemon hunting (as well as 2 Raids). So, yeah, it was a full day before the storm. :D

EDIT: I'm curious to know if anyone was there after the storm (or did it rain the whole time lol)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, Quirkster said:

I asked earlier not all rides might not operate in May. Anyone know which ones might be missed out on right now?

It's hard to predict, depends on park availability for staffing.  Since UC is done for the semester, they'll likely be fine.  It was more of a problem when UC's Spring quarter ended in June.  Some of the smaller rides in Planet Snoopy might be closed, possibly a flat ride or two.  The big thrill rides are the last ones that they will close if they have to.

During Math and Science Days the last time I was at the park (2010), I would come in around 10:15 as I got out of class at 9:50 and run The Vortex until noon or so when other people were available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We headed to coney bbq when the dark clouds started coming in. It let up enough that we got up to Starbucks right when it started again, we sat in there for probably a half hour or so until it let up a bit more and we left.

 

6 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I did! Thankfully, I was in Festhaus when the storm hit, but I left like 30 minutes afterwards. Before the storm, I did The Bat, Drop Zone, Congo Falls (it was really hot at this point in the day, around 12 or so...), Mystic Timbers, Train and Adventure Express, saw Harlem Globetrotters and Real Live Humans twice each (was that you, @harmony29 that I saw on stage at the 1 PM Globetrotters show?) ate at Coney BBQ, and still managed to fit in some Pokemon hunting (as well as 2 Raids). So, yeah, it was a full day before the storm. :D

EDIT: I'm curious to know if anyone was there after the storm (or did it rain the whole time lol)?

No it wasn't me up there, it was my husband, tall, bald head, he was the one that had to do a little dance after playing with the ball. He was so ecstatic, he had never seen them and was thrilled when they picked him to go up. I unfortunately was over near sweet spot by the fountains standing up. I got video of it but it was so far away you can't see it very well. I had to sit for a while which was why i wasn't up close with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, jcgoble3 said:

Riding coasters in the rain with exposed skin can indeed be painful. I rode Maverick in moderate rain back in 2011. The rain hitting my face felt like a thousand needles.

I promise you SOB and Diamondback in the rain were/are way worse, the former in more ways than 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

That's who I meant, I apoligize. I think I.thought the two of you had a shared account or something (based on the profile pic). Glad he had a good time. :)

Actually I need to create an account for him, I always tell him what we all talk about on here but he's not real tech savvy so I need to set it all up for him lol. He still is talking about having been picked to go on stage, he put his autographed pic in our China cabinet, I swear like a little kid lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I promise you SOB and Diamondback in the rain were/are way worse, the former in more ways than 1.  

I never had the pleasure of riding sob lol but I have a feeling I probably would have hated it. I've rode Valrayvn and GateKeeper at CP in the rain but it was in the fall and I had layers of clothes on so it wasn't too bad but wow having shorts on was a whole different experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So, this was new from last time I rode Firehawk last year. The fencing around the track as one exited the ride used to be chain link. It is now this, all the way around.  

IMG_9105.JPG

 

I noticed that on Saturday..but didn't realize there was a difference lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to like to look through the chain link to see if any change had fallen from people's pockets on the brake run, so it became quickly evident to me something had changed. It also feels very claustrophobic even though the actual dimensions of the path haven't changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I used to like to look through the chain link to see if any change had fallen from people's pockets on the brake run, so it became quickly evident to me something had changed. It also feels very claustrophobic even though the actual dimensions of the path haven't changed. 

I also agree it seems weird, however it was likely done since people may have been throwing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Question. Idk what other thread to ask this in but do you think I could contact KI some how and ask if they have props from Phantom Theater they would sell?

I think you could contact the park and ask them any question you want.  Some possible methods include telephone, email and snail mail.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...