Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread

JubJester

Has the music on The Racer changed? When I rode yesterday, instead of rockin' the fun, classic rock songs, they were playing the same, bland, boring, forgettable songs you hear waiting in line for your groceries at Wal-Mart.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:17 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

So, this was new from last time I rode Firehawk last year. The fencing around the track as one exited the ride used to be chain link. It is now this, all the way around.  

IMG_9105.JPG

Is it possible that this fence could mean that we’re getting a new attraction/coaster next year?or has this fence always been there because I’ve never seen that fence(sorry for the double post)

They were actually out of syrup on two of the three machines yesterday around 5. Not popular at all, they should close it more often.

Literally the left machine had nothing but water. The middle was out of half of them and either a dumb guest or an ice machine malfunction because the filling area was all ice chunks

• Like 2

On May 17, 2018 at 9:30 AM, chugh43 said:

My last rides on it were Racer Radio...so that's weird. 

Hmm.. Perhaps my experience was just a momentary thing. I am not sure how The Racer's queue music works. Is it a stream or a CD? Could the employees have switched to another stream for whatever reason?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hmm.. Perhaps my experience was just a momentary thing. I am not sure how The Racer's queue music works. Is it a stream or a CD? Could the employees have switched to another stream for whatever reason?

I believe it's digital. My friend created Racer Radio a few years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtro223 said:

Did Vortex get two new footers this year?  As I was exiting The Beast the other day I saw what looks like new concrete with some excavation.

I think it was mentioned that they redid some of the footers, however, I highly doubt they are totally new.

Also, please don't correct me and say it's supposed to be called a footing.

Edited by teenageninja
CYA
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

The correct architectural term is footing. ;)

They likely replaced some of the concrete in the footing as there was likely signs of deterioration in the old concrete.

I’m curious to how they did it. Although each support was likely designed to take the forces off an adjacent failed support, I’m wondering how they did it without putting excess forces on the structure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

My wife and I wear in that Coke station by the train earlier this year and it smelled horrible of sewage water.  Maybe they are having issues with the pluming?

During Winterfest last year there was a funky smell as you walk past AE/Slingshot.  A couple of associates said it was a lingering smell.  I wasn't sure if it was the pond or sewers or what, but it was there almost every time I visited.