Jump to content

Kings Island 2018 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Last year they had the animatronic dude between Racer and Subway "on" on Sundays. Telling jokes, farting, and so on. I've been 2 Sundays this Autumn, and...nothing. He's unplugged, I guess. :-(  Bummer! I understand Sunday is not a "Haunt" day by any means, but it added a certain ambiance last year.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, the driver can watch the train as it exits the station. A lot of the time, the person with the phone or camera already has it out by then. Failing that, I assume there are cameras mounted on th

On The Beast last night, my train was stopped on the lift so that the crew could confiscate a camera. Great to see this rule being strictly enforced!

The instrumental music is back this season.  Rivertown actually had appropriate music for that area playing as well (folk/country music).

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

Last year they had the animatronic dude between Racer and Subway "on" on Sundays. Telling jokes, farting, and so on. I've been 2 Sundays this Autumn, and...nothing. He's unplugged, I guess. :-(  Bummer! I understand Sunday is not a "Haunt" day by any means, but it added a certain ambiance last year.

Yeah, my kids loved to go watch him and have gotten disappointment the two Sundays we have gone.  I sure wish Lurch was working on Sunday's too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Another quick question, can you get selfies taken with the scare actors roaming around the park? I’m just curious because I want to get a picture taken with the Undertaker. (The guy who is at the front of the park supposedly in charge of the Haunt.)

Sure can! It's up to the scare actor though.

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

EB7CDFA2-73A5-4E01-9E01-8560EEECBBB3.jpegWell darn.

I actually know the story behind this. At some point in the summer, someone brought up the question with the rides associates (mainly the Planet Snoopy ones since tower is a part of snoopy for operations) whether or not tower is a ride or attraction. The supervisor there obviously thinks its a ride (hence the writing on the pumpkin) and a handful of other rides people said it wasn't. I say that the elevator is a ride and the platform is an attraction. As to the gravestone, I think its because with Winterfest they usually close tower a little bit before haunt is actually over so they can start getting lights and stuff ready so its probably closed for the season by now. I heard through a friend that the associates decorated pumpkins for a some of the rides and i guess Tower wanted to display theirs to stand their ground about tower being a ride

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nicescoot said:

I actually know the story behind this. At some point in the summer, someone brought up the question with the rides associates (mainly the Planet Snoopy ones since tower is a part of snoopy for operations) whether or not tower is a ride or attraction. The supervisor there obviously thinks its a ride (hence the writing on the pumpkin) and a handful of other rides people said it wasn't. I say that the elevator is a ride and the platform is an attraction. As to the gravestone, I think its because with Winterfest they usually close tower a little bit before haunt is actually over so they can start getting lights and stuff ready so its probably closed for the season by now. I heard through a friend that the associates decorated pumpkins for a some of the rides and i guess Tower wanted to display theirs to stand their ground about tower being a ride

I know that. However, the person who painted the pumpkin did a great job convincing people that this was legit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^Cross threading from the giga speculation thread, but someone had posted that they thought the KI giga will never be higher than the KI signature Eiffel Tower, so maybe this is a teaser that Eiffel Tower is leaving to make way for our new signature height giga:P:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

I am hearing that there will be no extended ERT on the last day this year.  I checked the website again and found nothing.  Does anyone here have any insight on this?

That is correct. Don confirmed this on Saturday. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kikid74 said:

What is "extended ERT"? Do you simply mean that the park isn't open 30 minutes early for gold passholders on the 28th or is this something different?

For the last few seasons, a few rides stayed open until 9:00 for passholders (namely those who had renewed) to ride on Closing Day. I’m bummed that isn’t happening this year but I am glad I got to enjoy it the last few years!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Went last night with my girlfriend and despite the chilly rain we had a great time. Did a couple rides but mainly went for the mazes and haunt attractions. Hardly any wait all night and it was a lot of fun.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I image the park will immediately begin their 26 day transformation to Winterfest immediately after the last guest passes through the exit (which is likely why no extended ERT on the last Sunday).  With lots of rain and unsettled weather predicted in the coming weeks, it will be a tough schedule to remove all Halloween and be totally ready for Winterfest Nov 23.   Carowinds even has less time to transition since their opening Winterfest date is Sunday Nov 18.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 9:22 PM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Another quick question, can you get selfies taken with the scare actors roaming around the park? I’m just curious because I want to get a picture taken with the Undertaker. (The guy who is at the front of the park supposedly in charge of the Haunt.)

Yes, yes you can. I've got pics with the Plague Doctor (I-Street), The Overlord, the Greeter for Chaos, the Zombie in the wheelchair outside of Killmart and some of the Coney Maul clowns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...