Best paramount park

StXBomber

• 17 years later...
3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Kings Island for sure and then Kings Domion.  These two parks seemed like the most well cared for in the Paramount days.  The parks I think started trending downward in 2003-2004 when the I think when the split happened.

I would agree with this. Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland saw more experimental rides, but overall, Kings Island seemed to receive the most attention and attractions. Carowinds wasn't nearly where it is today.

Kings Island I'd say. I didn't get to the others at the time but seeing what they got it looked like we had some of the best and a better focus on theming overall (Italian Job just should have been in the similarly themed Action Zone). Tomb Raider was probably the big thing to me for it as well. The ride type on its own was just ok but the level of theming and immersion was something I had never seen at a park like KI before. Felt near Disney level to me when it first opened.

I'd agree with KD being a close second (went there in 2004 and rather liked the park).  

The big mystery to me was Great America and the whole thing involving Stealth.  They put it there (it was expensive as it was the prototype Vekoma Flying Dutchman, there was a TON of R&D cash shoveled into it), let it run a few years, and then put in a water park.  

Wasn't Paramount also starting a SIX-esque ride rotation thing?  I distinctly remember one of the Flight of Fear twins being relocated in-chain around when Stealth moved to Carowinds (along with a possible MTV re-theme including music hardware a la Disney's Rock N' Roller Coaster).   I think Hypersonic XLC was in that discussion as well.  

KI is the only one I went to when it was a Paramount park.  Under CF I've been to all of them except CGA.

1. KI- The best overall collection of coasters, themeing, and rides.  Even though it was the Paramount flagship, I feel the park has improved even more under CF.

2. KD- I have seen KD described as KI with different toys in the toy box.  The similarities are crazy.  Their IS is a little shorter but feels very similar.  Obviously there are the clones (FOF, BLSC), the similar coasters (Racer 75 and Anaconda).  Avalanche and Dominator are both really fun coasters and Twisted Timbers is great.  I am not as big of an I305 fan as others but it is worth going there for.  I like how the park has done a good job maintaining shade throughout the park.

2. Wonderland- There is a lot of charm to CW.  Certainly it is one of the most improved parks of the last 10 years.  I love Leviathan and Behemoth is great too.  Their flats selection is probably the best in the CF chain.  Sledgehammer is probably my favorite flat.  The drawback is their coaster collection after the top 3 tails off quickly and their operations on the non B&M coasters could be better.  There is nice shade and landscaping throughout the park.

4. Carowinds- Fury is my #1 Steel.  Afterburn is my #2 B&M invert.  I like Intimidator and Copperhead was a great addition to the park.  Our old set of Flyers is the best flat in the park.  You can tell KECO didn't design the park because it doesn't feel like KI, KD, and Wonderland.  It really feels more like Cedar Point South with little shade and plenty of concrete.  After the top four coasters the quality falls off quickly.  Another greatly improved park over the last 10 years.

Depending on the day, I could easily switch the order of 2-4 but all are great parks.

• Like 3