2018 Off Season Poll: What Food Item Should KI Bring Next?

BB1

Ahh Kings Island, home of the classic Blue Ice Cream and Larosa's Pizza, what more could you ask for, right? Kings Island always has room to grow especially in the food department as they have over the past few years. We got some great new products at the Island Smokehouse like the shrimp and bbq, and some great mac n cheese at the foodbar over the Winterfest season. However, if you look at Kings Island proper, the food selection needs improvement for an ever growing hungry crowd of guests. So the basis of the latest and last 2018 Off Season Poll Series discussion is what food item do you want Kings Island to bring next to the park's food venue?

• Like 2

A common complaint of course is the lack of “healthy” options.   The problem is there are few universally healthy foods as we all have different dietary needs.   Someone with insulin resistance has different needs that someone dealing with high cholesterol and if you are trying to restrict calories on top of that it gets even more divergent.   

Something along the lines of Midway Market at CP at least allows our family to all eat at same place but is just to expensive for routine use.  ($8 a head even with the All Season Meal Plan is just to much)

For the kids I really wish there was some variety in pizza choices.   Pizza tastes vary greatly and that is a good thing so I try not to pan LaRosas to much but it certainly has a unique flavor and my kids won’t touch it.  Something with a little more traditional flavor along the lines of the new Wagon Wheel Pizza at CP would be welcome.  

In all cases quality is king. 

I am seriously considering skipping the meal plans this year and paying for prefered parking to make eating out of the cooler a bit more enjoyable.   I think that will work fine for KI but given the layout of CP not so convenient there.

• Like 1

One thing I will have to admit is the severe lack of German food in the Oktoberfest section of the park. I would be happy if Hanks or some line in the Festhaus turned into a german food line. Some old world classics like sauerbraten, bratwurst, sauerkraut, and some new world classics like Goetta. I will admit I would go to that more than I would for Hanks. Now I know what you are thinking, where could a Hanks shop go? Send it to I-Street, a part of the park that is supposed to be about cultures from around the world. The same could be said about Panda Express if done right could become a park staple in entry to the park. 

• Like 2

The new food choices last year were so good, as a fan of barbecue, I'd be very happy just eating those again.

I'd love to see vegetables or roasted chicken quarters as options, as some Cedar Fair parks have. When walking around all day, sometimes you want a more healthful choice.

• Like 1

I'd be down with more veggies.  Maybe even seasoned corn on the cob - a couple different flavors.  Actually that sounds good right now.

Also, every time I passed a churrro stand they weren't open.  I wouldn't mind a churro.  Oreo or otherwise.

As a sweet frozen treat, perhaps a frozen chocolate dipped banana?  Those are pretty good. 

• Like 2

There are churro stands at KI? I guess they were always closed when I was there too! 

They do have frozen chocolate bananas in a few stands already tho. One is the permanent stand that is along the shortcut between the Eiffel Tower and Beast, and another is one of the temporary carts that was on International Street. I think there were more, like the one in front of the pond by Viking Fury, and at the front end of Coney Mall between Racer and Coney Confectuons. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BB1 said:

Now I know what you are thinking, where could a Hanks shop go? Send it to I-Street, a part of the park that is supposed to be about cultures from around the world. The same could be said about Panda Express if done right could become a park staple in entry to the park. 

See Kings Dominion International Street.  Hanks equivalent is in the location where Skyline is and Panda is where the Yogurt Plus location is.  (Layout only, building layouts are different.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jtro223 said:

See Kings Dominion International Street.  Hanks equivalent is in the location where Skyline is and Panda is where the Yogurt Plus location is.  (Layout only, building layouts are different.)

Now to be honest that would be better because Panda would actually be an international food in the area themed to different cultures in one street. 

5 hours ago, spooky21 said:

Turn Hanks into the mac n cheese bar, smokehouse at coney, and TACO BELL!!!!

The mac n cheese bar was amazing and a better addition than Hanks is in my opinion. Smoke house, eh, I am actually leaning towards the hope of a build your own coney line in Coney Mall. You already have one Taco Bell outside the park, you don't need another inside the park! (Unless if it were to be KFC, which I would actually approve of)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BB1 said:

Now to be honest that would be better because Panda would actually be an international food in the area themed to different cultures in one street. 

The mac n cheese bar was amazing and a better addition than Hanks is in my opinion. Smoke house, eh, I am actually leaning towards the hope of a build your own coney line in Coney Mall. You already have one Taco Bell outside the park, you don't need another inside the park! (Unless if it were to be KFC, which I would actually approve of)

But if its in the park I don't need to leave lol

• Like 3

Although there is one down the street, I think it could be cool if Kings Island had a Wendy's in-park. Also, what happened to the Vanilla Dippin' Dots. Last time I went to one of the stands, I was told (and saw) that that flavor was gone. I remember getting Vanilla Dippin' Dots in the park a while back; wonder what happened to them?

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

There are churro stands at KI? I guess they were always closed when I was there too! 

They do have frozen chocolate bananas in a few stands already tho. One is the permanent stand that is along the shortcut between the Eiffel Tower and Beast, and another is one of the temporary carts that was on International Street. I think there were more, like the one in front of the pond by Viking Fury, and at the front end of Coney Mall between Racer and Coney Confectuons. 

I've been super sick, so sorry for the delayed reply. 

I've never seen the bananas!  I'll have to keep an eye out.  I remember seeing the churros advertised in the same stands as the delicious cinnamon nuts over near Delerium between Oktoberfest and Adventure Express.  Every time I went by, they never had churros, despite the signage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Maybe as they update Coney Mall they will put in a food booth that has more of the fair food like the deep fried oreos, pickles, bananas, along with the standard funnel cakes and elephant ears.

when I read that my first thought was yummy but then I realized nothing in that list is on my diet.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, whengodsaysgo said:

OOOhhhhhh, How about fried pickles? 

TBH, I don't eat in the park often.  But if friend pickles, especially chips instead of spears. Maybe with some spicy ranch?

WGSG, who has her appetite back. :)

I'm pretty sure the Reds Hall of Fame Grille used to have those back when it was a table-service restaurant. I'm not sure if they still do.