Scooby-Doo show?

Pepsi

I'm hoping i don't have any false memories of the show, but didn't they have an audience member come on set to play the "Ghost" who was revealed to be under the chair? I was pretty young when i saw the show in person but i distinctly remember my dad actually wound up getting picked to be on stage, and upon being revealed he jumped out of the chair and scared Scooby :P

• Like 2

If that was the show, it seems so! But again, its hard to really remember if it was something that happened. I remember asking how he got in the chair during the show without anyone seeing but he said it was a secret. (I think there was a part in the show where some props moved around as a distraction and he was slipped in from the back) :wacko: I feel like i remember a lot about the show even though i cant confirm it true or not.

• Like 1

In the late 90's and early 2000's that theatre played a few different Scooby shows and even a Jetson Show.   While the names have escaped my memory at this point, I do remember that one was themed to Scooby's birthday celebration.   These shows in particular used to rewrite lyrics to songs to fit the show.  I can distinctly remember versions of Mmmbop (Moon Bop (Jetsons Show)), Celebration, and Talking About My Generation.  It also used to hold shows for the original kids Halloween event, including a Beetlejuice magic show.  I believe the theatre was closed somewhere between 2004-2006, but I don't remember exactly when.   

• Like 2

On 2/7/2018 at 11:25 PM, SpectralBeacon said:

I'm hoping i don't have any false memories of the show, but didn't they have an audience member come on set to play the "Ghost" who was revealed to be under the chair? I was pretty young when i saw the show in person but i distinctly remember my dad actually wound up getting picked to be on stage, and upon being revealed he jumped out of the chair and scared Scooby :P

No worries, that's a real memory! In the pictures I posted, the chair is seen covered with a cloth on the right-side of the stage. I assume the park guest accessed the hidden door from the other side of the wall. Children were also chosen to volunteer for parts of the show - you can see a few girls dressed-up in the first picture.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:36 AM, guy1115 said:

In the late 90's and early 2000's that theatre played a few different Scooby shows and even a Jetson Show.   While the names have escaped my memory at this point, I do remember that one was themed to Scooby's birthday celebration.   These shows in particular used to rewrite lyrics to songs to fit the show.  I can distinctly remember versions of Mmmbop (Moon Bop (Jetsons Show)), Celebration, and Talking About My Generation.  It also used to hold shows for the original kids Halloween event, including a Beetlejuice magic show.  I believe the theatre was closed somewhere between 2004-2006, but I don't remember exactly when.   

A few of the shows were Flintstones Go Hollywood (1993), Yogi's Summer Camp Craze (1994), and Fred's ABC Do Re Mi (also 1994). The shows stopped after 2002.

• Like 2