re-processing season passes?

YOULLBEBACK

Sorry to ask such a potentially obvious question, but I renewed for the 3rd season in a row.  Can I renew at the park and get new cards at certain times in the offseason?  I know it says we can just use the old ones but might like a nice new one (and my kids look a lot older now).  KI's site was not very clear on this topic.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

I have a similar question, but I was more curious about whether or not we actually had to go through pass processing again or just use our old passes from last year since we used the same codes on the current cards to renew. Will the old passes automatically work?

• Like 1

Getting your photos updated can be done anytime season pass processing is open.   Doubt it is open in offseason but never tried.

Old passes will work fine, but not a bad idea to have kids photos updated for lost child issues.

Regarding new pieces of plastic, that might be a bit hit or miss.   I have received new ones without paying under these two circumstances.  1st, my old one had a bar code but the FunPix the photographers at the front gate use a QR code now so they upgraded my pass.    This was after I had scanned in all my passes to the KI and CP apps and I never did rescan the new one.   So one day when we went to CP and I forgot our passes but no problem I have them scanned into the app.  Problem, the numbers had changed so I couldn’t get in.  Season Pass processing figured out what had happened and just issued me new passes, no charge.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Whether you have to re-process depends on whether you changed pass tiers (Gold to Platinum or vice-versa) at the time of renewal. If you did change tiers, you will have to re-process to get the correct color card. If you stayed with the same tier, no processing is required.

I believe (but I may be wrong) that the season pass processing office can exchange your card for a newer card at no cost, provided you have the old card with you (if not, then there is a fee for replacing a lost pass). This can be done at the same time as photo retakes. @stashua123 or @ohiocolts ought to know for sure.

• Like 1

They do open in the "off-season" if you count the off-season as the few weeks before official open as off-season.

Like King Ding Dong said, old passes transfer to the next year automatically if you renewed with them. If you want a new card, they will usually give you one for free. Technically I have used this to my advantage in the middle of the year if I lost my old card. They "owe" you a new one anyways, and they will usually do a replacement for free instead of for the fee they say is charge if you don't do it too often.

• Like 2

Sorry to ask such a potentially obvious question, but I renewed for the 3rd season in a row.  Can I renew at the park and get new cards at certain times in the offseason?  I know it says we can just use the old ones but might like a nice new one (and my kids look a lot older now).  KI's site was not very clear on this topic.  Thanks! 
So what you do is just go to sales. As long as you have your old passes we can simply exchange them and give you a new card at no cost. If you don't have your card but renewed we can look you up. :)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stashua123 said:

We usually open sales and season pass processing for a couple of hours during processing days. It's usually on weekends a couple of weeks before opening day. Usually in afternoon. Don't know specifics of hours.

Here is what Don said. So you are right on target. 

Obviously, this is from Twitter. 

Screenshot_20180210-220357.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stashua123 said:

So what you do is just go to sales. As long as you have your old passes we can simply exchange them and give you a new card at no cost. If you don't have your card but renewed we can look you up. :)

Nice to hear. I typically have kept my gold pass in the FunPix carrier in my car this past year.  Our passes have become warped from being in the hot car.  Not that big of a deal, personally.  They still scan fine, but if I were to want to put them in my wallet, I might have some issues.  

• Like 3

On 2/10/2018 at 7:54 PM, stashua123 said:

Thanks for the help!  My oldest kid looks really different from when we took this photo 3 years ago, so I'll be updating that before the season to avoid any issues at the front gate. 

Is it April yet? :)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Thanks for the help!  My oldest kid looks really different from when we took this photo 3 years ago, so I'll be updating that before the season to avoid any issues at the front gate. 

Is it April yet? :)

Agreed. The wife and I upgraded from Gold passes to Platinum, so as soon as the processing center opens, we want to get our new passes. Definitely not waiting till opening day or even preview night. 

• Like 3