Park Nitpicks

SonofBaconator

On 4/18/2018 at 10:21 AM, robintodd said:

I'm always scratching my head at that one as well.  Up at Cedar Point they allow me to stay on all the time.  One morning I rode Maverick 5 times in a row because no one was in my row when the train came back in.  Also had it happen at close on GateKeeper and Raptor.  You would think that the more people on the coaster the better (valleying, smoother ride, etc.).  

My understanding is that no rerides is a corporate policy, which is fragmentary enforced throughout the chain (see also snapping the Gliders).  I also was able to reride both a Cedar Point and Dominion.  Clearly there is some reason for this at Kings Island.  Maybe they got some kids in there that wouldn't surrender their seat when someone else showed up in their line.  None the less, they consider it a policy that is necessary to enforce.  I'm sure they have their reasons.

1 hour ago, malem said:

It's not all season, but platinum passholders can claim one free beer at Cedar Point's Brew & BBQ.

Anything less than 3 beers is just a waste of calories.   That is why I only drink beer a few times a year.   :)

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

My understanding is that no rerides is a corporate policy, which is fragmentary enforced throughout the chain (see also snapping the Gliders).  I also was able to reride both a Cedar Point and Dominion.  Clearly there is some reason for this at Kings Island.  Maybe they got some kids in there that wouldn't surrender their seat when someone else showed up in their line.  None the less, they consider it a policy that is necessary to enforce.  I'm sure they have their reasons.

Funny becuase over on pointbuzz there is always a crowd complaining they don’t allow rerides.   Personally I need to take a short break.  

• Like 1

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Anything less than 3 beers is just a waste of calories.   That is why I only drink beer a few times a year.   :)

Funny becuase over on pointbuzz there is always a crowd complaining they don’t allow rerides.   Personally I need to take a short break.  

I could be wrong.  I'm pretty sure I got some rerides there, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Now KD, I distinctly remember reriding there.  Of course, there were probably 400 people in the park....

• 2 years later...